Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skogstad jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys.

I am considering purchasing a Skogstad Down jacket as per the attached link. Does anybody have any comments on quality, sizing, fit etc?

http://www.eryc.co.uk/products/skogstad-explore-down-jacket-cobalt.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, but Skogstad is fun to say.

Sorry Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never heard/seen one of these jackets... the website doesnt give a great deal of info either, i'd at least want to know the fill power and weight of the jacket!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=93921
I was looking into buying one of their jackets last week but from the reply here and their website I get the impression they are a budget option (but by no means cheap tat) and it may be worth spending a bit more if you can afford for better materials, design and build quality
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomow92,

Thanks for the link. It is pretty cold in Tignes so i think another brand maybe more suitable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought one of their "technical" jackets last week (not a down jacket). I was dubious give the pricing but I have to say it looks pretty good stuff and I usually wear Norrona. Am due to try it out on Saturday will let you know how it performs
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I posted on the earlier thread - its not bad kit by any means, but there are other, better options available. I guess it all depends on how much you will use it. For here (where its been -15 all week), I would buy something like Bergans, etc...but if you are just planning on using it for a few weeks a year, why not?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the feedback. We will be increasing the product detail on the website over coming months. This is our first season in the UK so the website will improve over time. Feedback on the jackets from users has been really positive as the clothes are Norwegian design and quality but without breaking the bank. We like Norrona and Bergans clothing too and we do not pretend to compete with the high end jackets they make. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
In terms of fit etc. Our men's sizes are the same as a UK size. If you wear a L normally then it would be a Skogstad L too. The women's smaller sizes (8 and 10) are maybe a little generous for a UK 8 and 10 as the Norwegians are quite tall on the whole. The Explore men's down is 90% down and 10% feather. I have asked the team in Norway for the fill power but given this refers to ounces and cubic inches there were a few puzzled looks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fill power is 700 and weight of men's Explore is approx 700-750g depending on size (S to L) Men's sizing up to XXXL
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidskogstad wrote:
Fill power is 700 and weight of men's Explore is approx 700-750g depending on size (S to L) Men's sizing up to XXXL

If that's a 700/750 jacket then thats a pretty good price for that jacket David, I've used my Mountain Equipment 750 jacket in Northern Finland at -20degC and it's very adequate, matter of fact my 500 fill North Face parka is very happy at -20 to -£0 as long as you don't hand around too much.

Have to keep an eye on your products?

Any UK climate salopettes for hill/mountain walking?

So comfortable, articulated knees etc and waterproof and breathable
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy