Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton with children anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
My wife and i will be taking our 10 month old son and our friend will be bringing her 4 year old boy.

Any advice on this please????? We have friends going from the weekend of the 5th/6th Jan so this is the reason for picking the resort, but having been a few times before I want to make sure I avoid any chalets/hotels which aren't particularly family friendly.

Any help appreciated!

(have tried the usual big sites also so no directions to MW!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Krazy Kangaruh is not a creche or children's TV character.

Here to help.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fordy11, Are you looking for childcare as part of the package or will you be taking care of that yourself?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Richard,

We'd want it as part of the package yes - either 'in-house' or simply via one of the local services. is that what you meant?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks downhill, much appreciated
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Esprit have several chalets with child are (nursery, kids club and take your children to Esprit exclusive half day lessons) in St Anton. We have booked to stay in Pepi Gabl for mid April with them. We have been with Esprit before but not to this accomdation / resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.st-anton-childcare.com

No idea what these guys charge but might be a good option.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gotta follow NickyJs advice and say Espirit too. Been with them twice before to other places and have a third trip to St Anton the week after you're planning on going. They'd do ski school for the 4yo and all day playgroup for your son.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks guys will check that out. Have seen that link downhill - looks great tbh but going to try and source something in house first as surely seems easier?

Little lad only 10 months old so all this hassle is new to me. Bloody expensive too, though I suppose there's no avoiding that..................
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fordy11, Sideways_Jnrs first trip was over his first birthday, and his little brother had his at the age of 7 months. They'll be fine, especially your one as the chalet/nursery staff always make a huge fuss of the littlest ones.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just rang and they're already sold out! Unbelievable considering they have over 100 rooms!

Will keep looking.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
any more advice or knowledge would be great guys - best quote I have is over £1k each not inc. flights & transfers!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh dear. You said you have tried Mark Warner? I guess it is only 1month away now. Good luck finding something suitable.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're going to pepi Gabl with Esprit in mid-Jan so we'll report back then
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sev112, thanks. Hope it is good.
latest report
sev112, Hey, so are we! Arrive Jan 13th.
snow report
fordy11,

Mark Warner have the Schweizerhof Chalet Hotel in the Nasserein part of St Anton which is where their child care and creche facilities are based.

I'll be staying there for the week commencing the 13th of January.

Richard_Sideways,

Are you fixed up with people to ski with? I'm going on my own but meeting a group I regularly ski with in St Anton.
ski holidays
welshflyer, going with the missus and two other friends, but it's our first trip to the area so some local knowledge wouldn't go amiss sometime.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways,

Drop me a pm and I can give you loads of advice. If you can be specific with questions it's easier to give answers, I'm not going to spend hours replying to very general questions and then supplying irrelevant answers. Let me know which area you're staying in, that's quite relevant. I'm staying slightly up the hill in the Nasserein area.

I've been to St Anton 12 times in the last 12 years. Some of the Snowheads live there eg Sidney Reilly and Stanton.
latest report
does anyone here have experience with childcare operators?

Everywhere in the resort providing it in house (i.e. within hotel/chalet) is apparently booked up. Having a look now at separate providers but obviously any experience would be invaluable.
snow report
have to follow up with another vote for ESPRIT, we stayed with them at the nazzerein end of town, it much quieter, and so the kids can get out and about
not to far from a gondola to get up too

the bar on the left at the bottom of the gondola was well priced

dont for get to take the 4 year old at least to see the Hamster wheel, they love it

ours took lessons and did fine even though its usually done quite high up on the mountain
snow report
Esprit sold out stop telling me how amazing it is!!!! Laughing
ski holidays
Alberg Ski Schule are very good with little ones, they have all day creches, as well as mini ski time where they ski in the morning, have lots of play time and meet "Hoppl" the rabbit, however they will most probably be in a mixed group, where not all the children speak English. You can specify to have English speaking instructors though, and many of the instructors are very very very good with the little ones. I worked for esprit as a snow ranger in st anton and got to know many of the instructors, I'm not just saying this because they are my friends, they genuially are brilliant and the kids love them:)

For child friendly food, try San Antonio, its a pizza place that always was a hit with the younger ones Smile Avoid KKs/Taps and the mooserwirt like the plague wit the kids, but it is good apres fun for adults!
Also, if your taking an afternoon off from skiing with the kids, make sure you go for a hot chocolate at the top of the Rendlbahn, where you can watch the park and the kids love it Smile

Have fun, St Anton is amazing Smile
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
sev112, Hey, so are we! Arrive Jan 13th.

Hey back Smile
Was that you are going to be in St Anton, or that you are going with Esprit as well ?

We did a trip with Esprit 3 or 4 years ago, which it turned out that so was another

snowHead

So we sort of had a head start on everyone - the wives were a little bit jealous that we had already made friends before hand - i think there is some sort of woman-code that determines who you can be friends with on a holiday and this sort of thing breaks the code and brings all sorts of inbalance to the world
ski holidays
sev112, Both, staying with Espirit at the Chalet Pepi Gabl from the 13th.
Missus is also a SH'er so knows what we're like - won't take it personally if she finds us intollerable.
ski holidays
On my hen do in St Anton from 17th- if you see 7 people skiing in 80's bridesmaid gear, say hello!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Richard_Sideways,

Sounds like a mini bash then

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy