Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to Saalbach in Feb for first time. Any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Myself and a team of six are heading out for a drink fueled ski fest to Saalbach in February. What advice tips can anyone give apart from the obvious (get hammered)?

Cheers Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Slarkmeister, have a look at this thread - has some useful info from some regulars.

When in Feb are you going?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2nd of Feb
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hahahaha....there seem to be a few snowHeads heading out there that week Laughing The party variety too Laughing Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Class more the merrier cannot wait and thanks for the thread you suggested loads of goods tips Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mostly of the apres or drinking itinerary type I think Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah agree, we are staying at the Sport berger hotel seems to get really good reviews on trip advisor
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Slarkmeister,
Quote:

we are staying at the Sport berger hotel

You'll love the Elvis impersonator if he's performing there again this season - at risk of sounding ageist, he could actually be Elvis!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha yeah I've read somewhere before that he supposed to be good in a strange sort of way
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Slarkmeister, see you there, we intend to make the most of the apres (as well as the awesome skiing of course). See you in the Hinterhagalm!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

See you in the Hinterhagalm!

Jeden Tag Hinterhag! Haaaallo!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went 7-8 years ago, remember there is a bar at the bottom of one of slopes into the village that made the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted.

Maybe, inferno or something fire related?

I loved Saalbach by the way.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
enfilade, The Inferno bar is part of Bauer's Schi-Alm ( http://www.bauers-schialm.at/ ) Can't remember sampling their hot chocolate (too busy sampling the Jagertee!) but will remember to give it a try. in case it's as good 7-8 years later.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
enfilade, The Inferno bar is part of Bauer's Schi-Alm ( http://www.bauers-schialm.at/ ) Can't remember sampling their hot chocolate (too busy sampling the Jagertee!) but will remember to give it a try. in case it's as good 7-8 years later.

Looks familiar, is there a gondola on the left hand side if you look up the slope? Just looked at the inside photos and they are not recognisable at all though.. Ignore that, got confused by the outdoor bit, the main building looks about right, I think you'll have to try the hot chocolate and report back Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
enfilade, When you were there 7-8 years ago, there would have been only two gondolas rising from the village - the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn, which is virtually next to Bauer's Schi-Alm but on the right-hand side (so I don't think that could have been the one - it's the one that has 5 or 6 red cabins that go up together), and the Schattberg Xpress, which is more of a conventional gondola lift and, if you're referring to the little hexagonal bar in Schulstrasse with plumes of flame emanating from its roof, would be to your left-hand side as you raise your eyes from your steaming mug of hot chocolate and look up the mountain.
latest report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
enfilade, When you were there 7-8 years ago, there would have been only two gondolas rising from the village - the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn, which is virtually next to Bauer's Schi-Alm but on the right-hand side (so I don't think that could have been the one - it's the one that has 5 or 6 red cabins that go up together), and the Schattberg Xpress, which is more of a conventional gondola lift and, if you're referring to the little hexagonal bar in Schulstrasse with plumes of flame emanating from its roof, would be to your left-hand side as you raise your eyes from your steaming mug of hot chocolate and look up the mountain.

Hmmm, this really has me scraping the depths of my memory. Had a quick google, I think it must have been the place you mentioned earlier. The Kohlmaisgipfelbahn has red gondolas right? Pretty sure the gondalas were red which. Maybe it was the Bauer place, could quite easily gotten the left/right wrong, although my memory seems to be telling me left hand side.
snow report
enfilade, Yes, the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn (whose bottom station is directly opposite our apartments) is quite distinctive, in that it has four groups of red cabins, one of which will be at the top when another is at the bottom and the other two will be passing each other at the half-way stage. I've never seen another like it. It features on many of the pictures of Saalbach.
As you look up the mountain from Bauer's Schi-Alm, you would have seen the Turm drag-lift (now replaced by a chair) over to the left - quite short and ending at the top of the nursery slopes next to the Hinterhag Alm, and to the right the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn gondola and immediately to its right the Kohlmais chairlift.
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
enfilade, Yes, the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn (whose bottom station is directly opposite our apartments) is quite distinctive, in that it has four groups of red cabins, one of which will be at the top when another is at the bottom and the other two will be passing each other at the half-way stage. I've never seen another like it. It features on many of the pictures of Saalbach.
As you look up the mountain from Bauer's Schi-Alm, you would have seen the Turm drag-lift (now replaced by a chair) over to the left - quite short and ending at the top of the nursery slopes next to the Hinterhag Alm, and to the right the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn gondola and immediately to its right the Kohlmais chairlift.

I think it must be Bauer's Schi-Alm then, can't say I remember the Kohlmais chairlift but I think I do remember the drag lift, was it a t-bar or was/is there a t-bar drag nearby?

Must go to Saalbach soon, really miss Austria.
snow conditions
enfilade, Yes, it was a T-bar but a couple of seasons ago was replaced by a very comfy 6-seater chair with heated seats. You would notice many improvements, including the new Bernkogel gondola cable-car station, which replaced the clanky old chair lift only last season. This has made a big difference, taking pressure off the Kohlmais and Schattberg lifts - not that there are normally any queue problems (Saalbach having the highest proportion of fast lifts of any major ski resort in the world).

Next year I understand that they're planning to upgrade to a chair lift the only really annoying, remaining T-bar - the long one on top of the Bernkogel.

You may also be interested to hear that it's just been announced that, after many years of rumour and speculation, a link is to be created between Saalbach and Zell am See - more news of this will no doubt unfold.

After 7-8 years I would think another visit is overdue!
ski holidays
Say hello to Rod Stewarts mother.......you will know her when you see her.
ski holidays
You will know her well
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy