Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to join a luxury chalet in March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Cervinia for 2 weeks at the end of December with the whole family, but would like to get away for another week or so in March 2013. This time solo! I have never experienced a chalet ski holiday, and was wondering whether anyone would have space for a 49-year old male relaxed easy-going intermediate skier. Will be flying from South Africa, so will have to meet at the resort, or the transfer airport.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Gerry
we have a singles week in Courchevel on 9 March complete with beautiful chalets and a huge group of single guests many of whom have partners at hom just as you do. All our guests will fly into Geneva & we collect from there. Most of our guests are similar age to you too so sounds like a perfect match. If you write to me c/o the website below I can explain further what the choice of accomodation and costs are Best wishes Ruth
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Ruth, I definitely will go to the website, and will contact you!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any other ideas while I consider my options?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JHBGerry, how "luxury"? There are a range of good operators, and private chalets, which could suit your purpose. If you are thinking France (which is where most of the "chalet" style places are) I'd give the first two weeks of March a miss - peak school French holidays. There will be plenty of choice. You will pay extra for a single room, obviously, but given that you're not on a tight budget, that shouldn't be a problem.

What sort of skiing/resort do you like? You could probably afford to book much nearer the time, when you know what the snow is looking like.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JHBGerry, you could try this place - Chalet Panorama in Maria Alm ( http://www.chalet-panorama.com/ ). I believe Freddie Paellahead and friends stayed there last season and had a whale of a time. I've just found out that it is actually owned by a very old friend of mine that lost contact with when I left the UK - might be time to reaquaint myself with them! Toofy Grin Laughing

This chalet is run by the same company but is not quite as upmarket - Chalet Sonne in Maria Alm as well: http://www.chaletsonne.at/index.asp

Direct flights from Jo'burg to Munich every day (I know because I've done several with SAA and Emirates!) and an easy transfer using one of the transfer services available from the airport. Salzburg though is the nearest airport but whether you can get direct flights is another matter.

Hochkönig is a really delightful skiing area as well with masses of pistes - I'm definitely going to be skiing there more often this coming season as it is actually quite close to where I live! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Pam, not too luxury, was thinking something fully catered, with maybe a sauna, but not crucial. Really just wanted to try that type of ski holiday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Sue. I really appreciate that!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JHBGerry, my pleasure - let me know if you end up in the area and I'll try and join you for some sliding!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy