Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel, Mayrhofen, Ehrwald/Lermoos, Soll - which one least busy on Sunday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wednesday evening I am going for a long weekend to Stubai via Munich and I thought that on the last day (Sunday) i could pay a visit to one of the resorts which happen to be on my way back (will be driving a rented car). The weather seems to be generous at the beginning of this season so all the above should be opened. The most important outstanding question would be which one is the least busy on December weekends. It doesn't have to be dead quiet, but I'd like to avoid big crowds (Stubai actually looked discouraging at times in November...).

Is there anyone with enough knowledge to advise me? Any hints much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wyspa, if you are talking about this week, it may be as well to check first if any of them are open.

I would certainly scrub Kitz because you have to drive past Söll to get to it. Scheffau or Westendorf are easier to get to on the Skiwelt system if you are coming from the Innsbruck side. If the resorts are open none of them will be that busy with locals as, despite the snow, they are not yet into full winter mode. comes from having such a wide choice of days to go that we do not always make use of every free moment to get on skis/snowboards. wink This means that the roads back through to Munich should not be mega busy.

Your best bet, if it is open is to use the Ehrwald/Lermoos location as it is more or less on your route back to Munich. Any of the others will take you away from Munich and make you more vulnerable to any potential hold ups.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the word of wisdom!
All the resorts mentioned by me are supposed to open this Friday/Saturday (according to their websites). And I don't see why they wouldn't (obviously I'll double-check before heading there on Sunday). Distance wise it is more or less the same. Actually Scheffau appears to be even slightly closer tho the airport than Ehrwald. But if you say it shouldn't be too busy yet then I may just decide on a whim (and weather) on Sunday morning. Actually Ehrwald looks ideal for a day visit. I was just worried that it may be infested with German crowds because Garmisch opens a week later (15th Dec).
Skiwelt and Kitz seem to be big enough to make a destination in themselves and go there for a whole week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're going to the SkiWelt, Westendorf (if it's open) has better skiing than Soell IMO. Snow should be good too, assuming it's doing there what it's doing here - skinned up there yesterday and above the middle station at least looked to have very good coverage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lermoos is much better than Ehrwald.

If Seefeld is open, that would be the most convenient for your drive back to Munich.

Honestly I don't think crowds will be your issue, but rather how much terrain each resort has open.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd keep an eye on Kaltenbach and Hochfügen. Very easy for you to get to. My sons were training up there last weekend and said it was pretty good. More lifts should be opening this weekend I would have thought and if they do then it could be a very good option. Although small Christlum is a nice day's skiing and on your way back to Munich. It is opening on Friday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would second ami in berlin, although Seefeld (and Lermoos/Ehrwald) would mean driving through the mountains rather than using the Inntal autobahn. Could be trickier if the roads are bad.

Of the others, Westendorf would be the easiest to reach, I think. To drive to Kitzbühel I would go along the Brixental (past Westendorf), although the signposted road goes via Söll and Scheffau. The lifts open in Westendorf look as though they would offer a reasonable amount of skiing, although only on the Brixental side of the mountain.

P.S. Westendorf would also allow you to move over to Hopfgarten later, if there wasn't enough skiing in Westendorf for you (though I'm not clear what pistes will be open from Hopfgarten, I assume with so many lifts running it should be possible to ski back to the middle station of the Salvenbahn).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ami in berlin, yes, Lermoos looks better to me too (well, at least on the piste map), but they open a week later.
I found a website with webcams showing Fernpass so will check them before I venture there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wyspa, TomTom Live Traffic is your best friend as it will show you where all the hold ups are! http://www.tomtom.com/livetraffic

BTW there is no skiing on the Fern Pass itself as such! (maybe touring though if the snow is good wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy