Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on the Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at going to the Dolomites for a week in early February with the family. Kids are quite good skiers so don't need easy slopes/lessons. Ideally I'd like to stay in a town/village that offers ski in ski out accomodation and or is a car free type village if any of that is even possible in the Dolomites. I've spent quite a bit of time reading up on the Dolomites, but unfortunately am no closer to figuring out what resort to stay in, mainly due to getting distracted with ski videos Smile Any help on what town to stay in would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel Serena in Selva. Walk out the boot room, cross the snow covered track and you're on the piste, so you can ski out and in again.
The hosts are excellent and there is a wellness centre in the basement, which we loved! I'll be there Jan 26-Feb 6th and last season everyone loved the place (and the Dolomites) so it was a no brainer to go back there.

As always YMMV but my 2 cents anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr Rock wrote:

As always YMMV but my 2 cents anyway.

As always what? Its your first post.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most Dolomites piste skiing is fairly gentle. The harder skiing is mostly near Arabba (or off piste).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cant think of a 'car-free' village - most are situated on the main road.

Selva - i can second the Serena recommendation - beginners drag was right outside my window (handy for checking queque before going out !)
The Alaska and Continental are at the top of the beginners area next to the Dantercepies bubble (downside is the uphill walk from main village..)
There several other hotels lining the side of the beginners area.

Arabba - the Portovescovo is 100 metres from the piste and you can ski back to within 50 metres

you can the see the area (and the hotels mentioned) from this webcam

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/selva-gardena-live/page285.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bear111, have only stayed in La Villa in the Dolomites, but can recommend it for easy access to the slopes, although it's not car free. Some gorgeous food up in the mountain refugios, and the Dolomites have simply the most stunning mountain scenery. La Villa provides good access to the wonderful Hidden Valley 7km red run, which starts with WWI gun emplacements and ends with frozen waterfalls and a horse-drawn skipull back to the lifts - sure to impress the kids. One caveat which I've mentioned before is that the Italians - who are wonderful at cooking, looking good and enjoying life - tend to be a little...pushy at the lift queues. If you can avoid busy times like Italian half-term, those queues might be less jampacked. Enjoy the Dolomites!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy