Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot and Skins for touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clarky999 wrote:
roscoeh wrote:
All interesting information.

Don't really think it has cleared it up but one thing I would like to know is could I buy tech/dynafit boot they would grip into my barons? (obviously not with the toe pin they use)

Yes.

ALL touring (and alpine) boots will work with your barons.

Nearly all touring boots will work with Barons. A small number of boots won't, this is the best known example of a touring boot that will only work with dynafit style bindings...

http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/14845/2/1/5/614/6/4/8/2
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oceanic, I think Mike Pow of this very parish manages to get TLT5s working in some kind of frame binding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
G3 Alpinist v Kohla skins
=================
Was just sorting out my touring stuff for tomorrow. Will be doing a small 1hr tour on a local hill which doesn't have too much snow at the moment so taking the old touring set. Gave me a chance to do a "touch test" of my brand new Kohla skins and my almost new G3 Alpinist skins. In the glide direction there wasn't much in it, if anything the Kohla provided least resistance. In the grip direction the Kohlas provided must more resistance = more grip.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meh wrote:
Oceanic, I think Mike Pow of this very parish manages to get TLT5s working in some kind of frame binding.

Some folk sky dynafit with the toes locked in touring mode. Plenty of people cheerfully wedge AT boots into plain old ISO alpine bindings, too. Not so many actually go get the setup torque tested afterwards and have a think about possible consequences. Also, Mr Pow gets a fair amount of skiing done, and so probably doesn't crash all that often; this won't necessarily be the case for everyone...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Serriadh, err... great!?

The reason the TLT5 is supposed not to work in touring frame bindings is the toe is much shorter and the lugs are there for crampons, not for binding compatibility which is what Oceanic is referring too.

Also Mike just posted video of himself falling over rather a lot on hidden bits of tree. Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meh wrote:
Serriadh, err... great!?

No. No it isn't. And that was the point I was trying to make.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Serriadh, but you didn't you mumbled about a bunch of stuff completely unrelated to the issue raised. Oceanic was saying that not all boots work in frame bindings. I was pointing out that the example he pointed to actually does for at least one person. You are pointing out that in some unrelated activities what you do can impair the release of the boot from the binding. If you have actual evidence available to show that skiing TLT5s in frame AT bindings is particularly dangerous that would actually be interesting. All you're doing at the moment is fear mongering.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kinda defeats the object, sking a TLT 5 with anything else other than Dynafit/Plum. Why would you do it?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy