Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new skis!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,
yes- another one of those threads rolling eyes NehNeh

Background is I only started skiing around 5-6 years ago.
I've got k2 one luvs (i think they are the 07/08 ones) they are 160s.
I'm not the best skier (try to get away twice a year but that doesnt necessarily reflect in my ability! lol) somewhere on the infamous intermediate plateau- not keen on ice or bumps, wide, well groomed reds are my favourite (dont mind steep if not bumpy) such as grande motte, jerusalem, pramint etc but will attempt the odd black, and happy on blues and think its time for some more instruction on this years trip.

rather foolishly (as I wasnt looking for new skis!) i tried some demo ones at the chill factore yesterday......
K2 superburnins and atomic elysians.
i liked both (completely different skis and different reasons for liking them, though at the mo, i'm favouring the superburnins)
and am now lusting after some new ones...

I'm now wondering if there are any others worth demo-ing that might suit me?
or should i stick with my one luvs, rather than splurging on a new pair?
thoughts anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get to resort, ski for two days on yours then rent some from shops where you are. Find something you like that make you ski like a god, check on net and if they are offering a good price buy it, (the K2 was ski of the year in some books so be preapred to stick where you are)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi Cynic,

thanks for the advice, whcih k2s do you mean? Puzzled

ohhh I wish!! i tihnk it would take more than new skis to make me ski that well!! rolling eyes
though I'm open to suggestions as to ones that work such miracles!!! Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try some Armada TST Ws My skiing sound similar to yours, am off to do the Easiski On2Off next month to try and remedy that! I demoed the mens version of the TST at Tamworth on Wed and loved it, went up to Castleford to try it again yesterday and decided I had to have some! A bit of googling when I got home found an Armada official dealer in the Czech republic selling them £100 cheaper than anywhere in the UK so am currently waiting for the UPS man to bring my pair!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try 2012 Dynastar Legend Idylls if you get the chance. They've transformed my skiing, I LOVE mine. They make everything so much easier, total hero ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Piccadilly, what length have you got, and what are your stats? they look pretty good - am tempted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy