Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Differences between the different ski schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

There seem to be a lot of British run ski schools offering high quality instruction. In Espace Killy, for instance, you’ve got TDC, New Gen, Snoworks, BASS and, no doubt, a host of others. So I was wondering if there are any major differences between them? Do they all follow a similar systems, are some more suitable for certain standards/clients, do some offer things that the others don’t. Personally, I’m a good intermediate skier looking for an “all mountain” type course to help propel me off the plateau and improve my all round technique. Everyone will have their favourites, I’m sure, but I’m just trying to differentiate between them.

Cheers

PJ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A good lesson for one is a bad one to another.
I can't comment on how diff the schools are. Its the instructor that matters no whatever the style of the school.
If you know what resort your going to I'd pose the question again asking for people to name a great instructor from that area and why they liked them. Then when you book lessons make sure you convey what you want to achieve to the instructor.
You will possibly be better off booking either private lessons or a dedicated clinic if you have very specific requirements which would be difficult to fulfil in a group lesson. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does the attached blog give you any thoughts?

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/blog/?p=4919
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's interesting to hear this, I'm sure it's not uncommon.

It's a very personal thing and depends on what you want from your time with a ski teacher. It's more fun for every one if you find someone
who you click well with, after all you want to be comfortable with that person and enjoy your time as well as receive effective tuition.

Any Brit working in France for an indy ski school will be full cert BASI ISTD so you can rest assured that they are qualified to the highest level.

Any ISTD would be able to help you with an All Mountain type lesson/course so I'd advise just doing a little research and picking one that suits your needs.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward I'm definitely prioritising quality of instruction this trip! For me, making progress with technique definitely adds to the enjoyment of the holiday. skierchris As they're all BASI qualified I assumed they all follow the same system (Is this the case?), so as you say it's down to finding an instructor you click with. Having read the website blurb they all seem to offer very similar things so I'm making my decision based on a general vibe and which have the nicest ski suits. lilywhite You're right about private instruction. I had a lesson with easiski in Les Deux Alpes and it was undoubtedly one of the most beneficial things I've done. However this trip I'll be going by myself, so I'd rather spend some time skiing with a group.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ha ha, that sounds about right.

Going off the suit colour might be a great way to choose your ski teacher? what colour do you prefer?

I think you should do a little more research!

I'll start you off - TDC, BASS, Ultimate snowsports and Mountain Masters all have within their ranks some very good ski teachers.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers skierchris, I hadn't heard of the last two. I'll add them to the list!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But they change suit colour from year to year so how does that work??
New Gen were in blue, then green for a couple of years and this season it will be orange - but its the same instructors.
I worked as a Biology teacher and friends would praise certain schools and down others. But I did supply teaching for a while and worked everywhere. There was very little difference. I think its the same with skiing.
Its all down to who you click with, the way they explain things and (luckily) we are all different.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy