Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

City news: Redundancy is good for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
LOLLY on citywire.co.uk reports:

http://citywire.co.uk/money/if-money-was-no-object-what-would-you-do/a638463

Quote:
"Quite often redundancy pushes people to do something unusual. I have one client who was made redundant and he now works as a ski instructor in the winters and in chalets in the summer. He would not have done it if he had not been made redundant," said Holmes.

Is your ski instructor redundant? Are you redundant?

Quote:
... [Jason Holmes] urged them to trust their financial planner to help them achieve their dreams

Do you trust your financial planner?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, Yes, Well it worked - I'm here on retirement!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My friend got made redundant last year. Went out to the Alps ASAP and got in a month of skiing before the season ended Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm thinking of taking voluntary redundancy settlement and doing a season next year. I hate my job and was thinking about leaving anyway.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a client who was made redundant and decided to take a long-promised month to herself, doing nothing but skiing, drinking wine and eating cheese.........she's still in touch and still thinks that was the best decision she ever made Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I worked for ICI for 15 yrs, many times people around me were made redundant and I always wished it was me so I could head for the hills for the season, my job was too well paid for the qualifications I had and I was not brave enough to make the move on my own as I would be unlikely to pick up another job as easily in the future.
Time went on and I got married, had kids, then the bast***s made me redundant!!!!. In reality though, redundancy was the best career move I had made for me, 11 years on and we have a nice house in the country with three profitable holiday cottages in the yard and whilst we are not well off, we are secure.
Ive taken on another property project that will probably stop me from skiing this year but I managed 4 weeks away last year and should manage 4 weeks next year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'm thinking of taking voluntary redundancy settlement and doing a season next year. I hate my job and was thinking about leaving anyway.

when I was told, my reply was " It's a crap job anyway" I hated the corporate bulls**t
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have friends who have given up working a stressful life dealing every day with inadequate members of the public and their overambitious targets of achievement, moving to a more sheltered life in chartered accountancy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd like to see a chartered accountant build a shelter
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
I'd like to see a chartered accountant build a shelter

I believe some of them are quite good at constructing tax shelters....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
only because the government (this one and previous ones) allows it.

a season was my back-up plan too when at risk of redundancy in 2009. Fortunately for me (I guess, due to the nippers) the bucks stopped elsewhere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arranged to get made redundant 4 years ago. Took up piano and learnt to ski whilst 'off'. Best thing I ever did (in *retrospect*). When I was trying to find work again it wasn't all plain sailing though.

Know a fair few who are in a less happy boat as the jobs are fewer and further between now unless career change is required.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If I was good enough to be a ski instructor then maybe redundancy wouldn't be so bad!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I managed to get made redundant 4 years ago. Spent the first month in Europe skiing. We caught the train between resorts and had the most fantastic time and skiing got miles better too. It was all going well till we went to Chamonix, ahhhh (sighs) Chamonix. We landed a great chalet, fell in love with the place, did the all mountain course and skiied Valle Blanche and spent the last two weeks there. ahhh Chamonix snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy