Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere or Three Valleys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to both several times...... my comments would be:

- As a village/town VDI is better than anything in the 3Vs, it's probably most similar to Meribel, but it has a nicer feel to it, still very English, but set in a deep gully, it feels more alpine than any of the 3V resorts (which are all essentially purched on a hillside).... and is better layed out. Make sure you stay reasonably near the centre if you're interested in the night life etc, le Fornet and La daille are too quiet and 15min + walks

- Skiing wise, if you like piste skiing, and enjoy sking through the trees, then I would personally take the Courchevel valley over anything on offer at Espace Killy. The 3Vs has more variety in terms of pistes and it's easier to valley hop and head over to (say) St Martin if you fancy a change of scenry.... however the EK skiing is still very good. Tignes feels like a bigger version of Val Thorens, and the areas at the bottom right of the piste map, around les Brevieres are arguably the pick of the whole area.... (just don't stay there). A run like the Face (black back into VDI) can be horrible and seriously confidence denting for an average skier if it's icy.... make sure your edges are recently sharpened!

- Overall you should definitely try VDI once, i think you'll like the village and find the piste skiing fine. That said, if you don't enjoy the high/above the tree line skiing in Val Thorens, (which must make up 4/5ths of Espace Killy) then you might want to stick with the 3Vs
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, Homme de Piste snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thank you very much Shock Shock Shock
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Puzzled why the surprise/shock smilies?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ha, i may have clicked the wrong face.....!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Homme de Piste, aha...no worries Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Homme de Piste, Welcome, and thank you for your input. In fact, based on lots of people's recommendations (a very friendly and helpful lot Smile), we've already booked VdI. What you say is useful to know, though: it sounds as though the skiing might be a bit exposed and chilly in early January, so we'll be sure to pack lots of layers!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
UPDATE All safely back from a fantastic week in EK. We did find the piste grading rather different from other resorts we'd been to, but there was so much to enjoy. So a big thank you to everyone who encouraged us to go. (As it happens, the TO's preview brochure for next year arrived on our doorstep this morning. We're already perusing it avidly ...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy