Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas week 23 Dec > Anyone else desperate to get away from the rain?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi .
I am really keen to book a Chrimbo trip if I can find a late deal at sensible money ( Less than £800 + LP )
As its still relatively early in the season thinking high altitude resort ,
Found a couple of deals but the single persons supplements are a real killer.
Much prefer catered either a chalet or chalet hotel .

Me , 43 year old bloke . Fit and reasonably adventerous skier ( Got bleeper ) . South coast based but can fly any southern airport .
Like to ski all day , without massive stops for lunch, then a pint and relax before dinner . Too old to party till the small hours and be back on the slopes the following morning.

Reply on here if you are interested or PM me directly . I dont really mind who I go with , am house trained and relatively normall .Would like to get something booked by the weekend if at all possible.

Cheers Dupes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From quick look there are a few deals out there for the Christmas week that meet your criteria:

You can get an HB single room in the Hotel Excelsior in Chamonix for £762 with Inghams

Hotel Scoiattolo, Gressoney, Italy HB for £649 on igluski.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ,
I'd rather go with someone / anyone than be billy no mates . ( acknowledge I am billy no mates )
Not going back to Chamonix without a car . The words Ski and Bus should never be used in the same sentance, unless absolutley neccessary.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dupes, Keep an eye on the snowEvents section, Admin got a very good last minute deal for last Christmas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The flights to Geneva are increasing in cost now over Xmas. I think your best bet will be with a tour operator, as the DIY route will soon be priced out because of flight cost increases.

I think the optimum time for DIY ski over Xmas is about 2 months rather than 1.

If you asked for a lift perhaps someone from your area is driving there. That would make it worth going (or at least you could get close to where you want and then take a bus or train), and DIY.

Is there share a lift section anywhere on Snowheads?

I know there is a flight transfer sharing website, but is there one for lift sharing to the Alps?

One to consider. People are often more willing to give hitch hikers a lift in the festive season.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have friends who live in La Saleve. ( GVA ) I could drive and stay with them . Its an hour to Flaine , PDS , Praz de Lys and another 20 mins to Cham.
Its all time spent driving though ,on the wrong side of the road , in the dark, after a day skiing( Im usually knackered )
Plus it usually lobs it down so might not even be able to get to a ski resort in a sensible time frame .
Its also Chrimbo , so family time and I would feel like I was imposing over the festive period . If I cant find anyone I will probably do a self drive and stay with them for a while , and maybe stay at an Etap abit further south .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dupes, if you can get onto a UCPA holiday (through Action Outdoors) you will find plenty of people to have a beer with and a friendly international atmosphere. Also some very good tuition available if you want it, including some serious off piste in some centres - a good way of meeting others. You'd need to be prepared to sleep in a dorm, but given you don't want to pay single supplement, that's presumably OK and their holidays are exceptionally good value.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dupes,

I have some ski buddies from last year who are doing a ski trip over Christmas (who I can vouch are good fun & your age group) pm me and I can give you contact details.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dupes woul'nt be my mate Rob the brewer by any chance??

If so I'm up for a crimbo crisis getaway
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dupes, We can do you a good snowHead 's deal from 22nd to 29th or shorter period. All our New Year guests arrive on 28th/29th.
B&B with a couple of nights eating in. Will hope to be skiing a few days that week ourselves.
Contact management(Nina) via the site below if interested.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just found this Rob

http://www.igluski.com/mayrhofen/snow-houses_p24368?holidayid=53862925

Think there is an option for full board too
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.igluski.com/courchevel-1850/chalet-chamois_p27252?holidayid=59009566 . - Gatwick + catered + 3 valleees @ £355

http://www.igluski.com/la-tania/chalet-delta_p27246?holidayid=45987578 . - Gatwick + catered + 3 valleess @ £399

http://www.igluski.com/plagne-soleil/chalet-alpages_p31041?holidayid=46614820 . - Gatwick + catered + La Plagne @ £399

http://www.igluski.com/plagne-soleil/chalet-india-_p15395?holidayid=45987115 .- Gatwick + catered + Laplagne @ £399

http://www.igluski.com/meribel/chalet-maxine_p2323?holidayid=60665915 .- Gatwick + catred + Meribel @ £399

Might be sold now , all the bargains seem to be selling out quickly as its snowing like mad this week with approx 100cm forcast in alot of places
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ARGH I want to go sking over Christmas Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kat.ryb, go for a few days in Scotland instead. It look very promising at the moment. There is good snow currently, it is forecast to remain very cold (so it should not melt for a week), and there is more snow due tomorrow.

If you leave it to Christmas then it might melt.

Carpe Diem!

NehNeh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have space over Christmas on our trip...?
snow conditions
All booked with the Cpt of Sideways.
Risking basic accom in LaPlagne , just hope the queues for the big gondola arent as bad as I recall last time i stayed there ( 1/2 term )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy