Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for group or ski buddy for early Jan trip.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am a male and 25. Looking for a ski buddy or group to tag along with in Jan. My mates have organised a trip for March but I can’t wait that long! I am hoping to head out either 5th Jan or 12th for 7 days. I would grade myself advanced on piste and beginner/intermediate off piste. I enjoy skiing from first lift to last lift and getting a beer or two as the sun goes down! I am a member of the ski club of GB and have skied a couple of times with the leaders which is good fun. I am based just outside Watford in Rickmansworth.

If anyone can help or fancies the same give me a shout!
Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hiya mate, My names Karl, im also 25 and there are 5 of us going to Avoriaz on the 12th of Jan. 3 of us did a season in Saalbach last year and the other 2 stayed in our hotel there! Were all about the all day skiing all night drinking. Now we dont have any spare room as such in the appartment but if anyone else replies to you as a solo traveller then maybe you could look at somewhere in Avoriaz so then your not just going away with a stranger!?! We would not mind someone joining in at all. Sorry we cant squeeze you in but atleast this gives you another option! cheers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Karl, My names James. Probably should have mentioned that in the original post... oops! Thanks for letting me know, I haven’t skied in Avoriaz before so definitely up for it. Not sure about drinking all night, especially at altitude, your tolerance must be way higher than mine! Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Hadley, I'm skiing w/c 6th Jan in Sauze, booked Hotel Stella Alpina. Welcome to join the fun if you can handle it!!! Ed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Ed thanks sounds good, what is Sauze like? never skiied that way before. You going solo? Whats your ideal ski day? up for first and last lift and a couple of pints in the bar after!?? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi James, we have a group of 5 (aged 23 - 27, 4 guys 1 girl) going to Tignes on the 13th Jan for the week, mostly advanced skiers & boarders who mix it up between on piste and off piste. There will also be a fair few late nights.

Up until yesterday there was six of us but due to work commitments one of the guys has dropped out. We therefore have one space in our chalet, plus an easyjet flight booked from gatwick. We have also asked other friends of ours and currently waiting to hear back, but if they don't want to come and you're keen then I can send you the info.

PM me if interested.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi James, if you're interested in an off-piste week, we have an off-piste intro course in Ste Foy in the week starting 5 Jan or an off-piste progression course running in Chamonix the same week but starting on Sunday 6th. If you'd like to find out more please PM me and I can send you the details.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi James, like you I am heading out on my own. My usual group cant afford to go so it's my first time on my own.
I have booked Jan. 12th-19th to Mayrhofen, I'm flying from Dublin to Salzburg with a tour operator but we could meet in resort for a drink first evening, break the ice.
I also like to ski all day and have a few beers then in apres-ski. I ski all pistes well and am same as you, beginner off piste.

So we seem to like the same type of ski day, if you feel like Mayrhofen is good for you, get in touch.
Maybe there are others too in the same boat as me and James, we could arrange our own solo group?

I'm staying b&b in a pension too so would be good to not eat dinner alone either!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 10-12-12 15:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Hadley, never skied Sauze before but looking forward to giving it a go! Heading out solo but looking to hook up with other folk once there. Like to ski most of the day and a bit of apres but need my sleep for the next day! Smile) Ed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hadley, did you get a trip sorted?
I have since joined a snowhead solo group bound for Mayrhofen.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hadley87, we have a group of 24 for so far going to Morzine and Avoriaz on 13th Jan all solo skiers. Still have some space if you wanted to join us? I have sent you a PM.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey James (and anyone else),

I can't go mid-Jan like everyone seems to be doing, so am gathering a group for a trip the prior week, from 5 Jan. Let me know if you're keen to join.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy