Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Train Transfer Ticket

Poster: A snowHead
Traveling to Saas Fee soon, arriving into Geneva airport and departing from Zurich airport.

Anyone know if you can arrive and depart from different airports with the Swiss Transfer Ticket?

Thanks all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes you can. As long as it's a fairly direct route to the Swiss border it can be any airport or border rail station. I've done it many times.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ksscott, any advice as to the best place to purchase the ticket - there seem to be many companies offering this online. Do you receive an eticket?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've always used http://www.swisspasses.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5RED, I've used this site and the tickets have always been received promptly, usually next day delivery. I've not done it for a while but they were postal delivery then.

http://www.swisspasses.com/railpass/transfer/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Colin B and geepee
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Transfer ticket specifically allows you to travel to and from your final destination from any entry/exit point on the Swiss Border, be it rail, plane or even ship (Lake Constance) I believe like the Swiss Pass you can use it on most rail lines, post coaches and even lake steamers provided the route is reasonable, for instance taking the lake steamer in the summer from Thun to Interlaken instead of the train would be perfectly acceptable

You need to make sure it's validated before you travel (instructions with ticket) and before you return, essentially you have to put the out and back return dates on it, but you don't need to put the return date on until the day you depart
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just double check the regular price on sbb.ch before you buy. I know for verbier it is normally cheaper to just buy a normal ticket on the day (but does depend on exchange rates etc.)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ditto all the above, no issue doing different airports
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gilo wrote:
Just double check the regular price on sbb.ch before you buy. I know for verbier it is normally cheaper to just buy a normal ticket on the day (but does depend on exchange rates etc.)

Agreed. I looked into the swiss rail pass, and it appears to be cheaper to just buy the ticket via SBB.ch.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toadman wrote:
gilo wrote:

Agreed. I looked into the swiss rail pass, and it appears to be cheaper to just buy the ticket via SBB.ch.

Hmm maybe I am going nuts but on the SBB website I see tickets cost £120-ish whereas the Swiss Transfer Ticket is £84.

Geneva Ap-> Saas-Fee 77 CHF
Saas-Fee -> Zurich Ap 101 CHF = total 178 CHF = £120

The Transfer ticket is nice and easy as you can break up the journey when/where you want, and choose any scenic route (within reason Very Happy ) or mode of transport that takes your fancy. I believe if you have a regular rail ticket there's not as much freedom to do that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ksscott, you're right. I paid 130 CHF for the Swiss Transfer Ticket through http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/ versus having to pay 178 CHF booking trains individually.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would go with http://www.swisstravelsystem.com as they are cheaper than http://www.swisspasses.com/ when you take into account postage and handling charges
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ksscott, 5RED, I said "double check", not "I've been there and done your maths for you" rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi every one

im sure someone will know if there is any offers on swiss transfer tickets upgrades or bogof offers, i did see them last year just dont seem to be able to find any this year

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Puzzled
snow report
gyne6958, so far nothing. I do know as usual the prices will increase as of the 1st January 2013 so if no offer is found make sure you book before the increase.
ski holidays
Prices have now gone up from adult £85(2nd class) to £90 plus the standard £3.50 admin charge they like to slap on per booking.

The funny thing is they state in plenty of ski related mags that the price will not be increased until the 1st January 2013 !!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy