Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Gear

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

I have to get all new gear and looking for cheap stuff that works.
Will be going for two, week long trips this winter.

I was looking at animal gear. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mens-Clancy-Ski-Jacket-WY806002-/251125028910?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&var=550165376558&hash=item3a7837d82e
It looks quite cheap, will this do the job?

For Ski goggles I read that Aldi is recommended. What alternatives are there? And how long before Aldi runs out of the stock? In Australia they barely last a day and there are no convenient locations near where I live.

Gloves? I was thinking Aldi too.

Helmet?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi and welcome,
I have only had animal bags not clothing but the standard of the bags has been good if thats any use.
Tell us where you are going to ski?
If your in London (as your location is listed) you should have a snow and rock or Ellis Brigham or TK Maxx within easy reach.
If your not in London tell us where you actually are and between the snowheads collective brains we should come up with something to help. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Helmet?

Nah! ... woolly hat is what you want (and only if it gets cold!)

The jacket looks a bit black to me ...but I'm sure it will do the job.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Animal is pretty good, 5/5 waterproofing breathability will do the job, if the budgets tight go for it I'd say! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've learnt the hard way buying cheap ski jackets...Ask yourself a question...Do you have enough confidence in the jacket to remain warm whilst sitting on an open chairlift at 2-3,000 metres in a -20 degree blizzard?

There's a reason why technical ski jackets are several hundreds of pounds - and it's not always fashion related.

Paul
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would invest in higher end gear if I had the money to do so!

I live in London and will be traveling to Risoul to ski.

Thanks, I'll check out those places lilywhite.

And I want to wear a helmet as I take more than my fair share of crashes as 'one of those' young adult snowboarders.
- Any advice on where to find cheap helmets?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sheeplovebeer, Have a look here http://www.sailandski.co.uk/. They have decent gear at reasonable prices. Online shopping is your friend Smile . Buy it if you don't like it or it doesn't fit just post it back, simples Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you are in London

decathlon Decathlon Decathlon

(yes i do mean 3 trips; )
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

decathlon Decathlon Decathlon

+3
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
..and there's always TKMaxx
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sheeplovebeer, Just a quick thought, you need to try goggles and helmet together, which ever you buy first don't forget to take with you to buy the other. They are not all the same shape. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=36651&idcheck=true&ar2=&id=787&country=GB&zipcode=DA16+3HF&city=Welling&district=+&street=Upper+Wickham+Lane&ar=1&nf=TRUE

Got this helmet and will be on it's 4th week this season, does the job as does most stuff from the likes of dare2b, trespass et al.

lidl or aldi thermals and a few £6.99 mid layer fleeces from decathlon and you'll be fine.

We all survived in kit far worse for many years and most of us made it through without loss of limb.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just upgraded from some Dare2b salopettes bought the day before a week in the Caringorms to some Animal ones. Went for the Kaden Premium 10/10k. Only used them in SnowFactor so far but they seem to do the job. Well made, comfy, loads of pockets and features.

The main difference I found was the cut is a lot comfier, you almost forget you're wearing them compared to the Dare2b's which always needed some fiddling with to stay comfortable.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sportpursuit has high quality stuff with large discounts!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alright so I checked out TKMaxx and sportsdirect today. Got some pants for £35 which seem pretty good.
There was only 1 jacket I liked: £60 and 10k/10k proof but it was a bit long, went at least halfway down to my knee.
latest report
Tkmaxx now have Mammut. Salmon Helly Hansen and Spyder on silverburn Glasgow. Passibly near you toro.
ski holidays
Try any branch of Sports Direct. The biggest one, Lilly White's in Piccadilly Circus (if you're in central London) had loads of stuff last weekend in their dedicated Ski Zone!
ski holidays
Aldi ski gear is in next week, my Aldi softshell trousers are going strong into their 4th season
ski holidays
I think I'll be going to Aldi for the helmet, goggles and possibly gloves.
I saw some nice gloves at sports direct for £15 though.

And there seems to be many options for the jacket. Currently considering getting this jacket from trespass. http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/trespass-apparel-mens/mens-devane-jacket-kiwi
snow report
Nothing wrong with that jacket, just be aware of delivery date mid december.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy