Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpineresorts.com ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can anyone recommend this site for ski hire? I would be grateful for any advice, cos i've not come across the site in previous web searches
Thank you
Geoff
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used then season before last and had no problems. I have booked with them again for when we go in April. There is a snow heads discount code on here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thought it was alpinresorts (with no e in the middle) ? and yes there's usually a snowheads code somewhere.

we've used them a few times on birthday bash with no problems.

edit haha - typing in the right name causes the sH hamsters to insert the link for you Smile snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geoffkay, yep, used many times, no hitches. They are just a booking agency though, don't own their own shops (AFAIK) so it still comes down to the range and service offered by the shop you select. Worth checking out the actual shop you intend renting at.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpinresorts (correct, no 'e' in the middle) are very cheap, saw a lot of them in an Intersport I worked in and they really did undercut our public prices. In theory you should get the same kit as any other punter but don't be too surprised if you book their best package only to be told that doesn't 'correspond' to the best skis in the shop.

Other problem is people seemed to often select the wrong shop, and as chains such as Intersport are franchises and Alpinresorts is effectively a travel agent we can't easily transfer their bookings between shops when you present the voucher in the wrong one (if you reserve direct with Intersport it's a lot easier). I imagine this stands for any other network of shops they work with. Just something to bear in mind if booking, unless you enjoy trekking across town with the family in tow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used them 4 or 5 times. Never had a problem. Snowball is usually a good code.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to you all for the helpful replies.

Bode Swiller, Good point, i've made sure i'm looking at the right shop. Ta

andy, Sorry about the spelling mistake!!

And finally thanks to all that mentioned the discount code.

Cheers, Geoff
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albinomountainbadger, " In theory you should get the same kit as any other punter but don't be too surprised if you book their best package only to be told that doesn't 'correspond' to the best skis in the shop."

Hmm. May need a re-think, i'm booking for some right choosy bu@@ers. Have you actually experienced a problem with the standard of kit booked with
alpinresorts?

Cheers Geoff
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used ALPINRESORT last season booking skis at Edinger Sports, Austria (Soll Main Gondola Stn). I got same skis as mates who didn't book in advance for literally half the cost. Throroughly recommend their service on-line and once in resort you end up dealing with same staff and getting same kit as anyone making a booking in person. Will use them again this season for the lads trip no doubt
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just booked the intermediate skis and had no issue with those issued. We also booked skis, boots and helmet for my daughter and they were happy to pander to her whim of wanting a pink helmet. Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geoffkay wrote:
albinomountainbadger, " In theory you should get the same kit as any other punter but don't be too surprised if you book their best package only to be told that doesn't 'correspond' to the best skis in the shop."

Hmm. May need a re-think, i'm booking for some right choosy bu@@ers. Have you actually experienced a problem with the standard of kit booked with
ALPINRESORTS?

Cheers Geoff

Nope - used them about 3 times now in meribel, la plagne and vt and not had any issues..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geoffkay wrote:
Have you actually experienced a problem with the standard of kit booked with
ALPINRESORTS?

Cheers Geoff

I'm the guy who gives out the skis so I see it from the other side. It depends entirely on the shop, as I said these chains are all franchises, but in our case the owner told us not to give our best skis to AR clients (hold them back for Intersport resas or walk-in clients)

So, with us at least (and he had five shops) reserve red you get red, reserve black you get black, but reserve diamond/gold and you'll also just end up with black.

Another danger was that we had some sort of IT problem syncing with AR central booking (most likely our owner's fault rather than AR's) which meant that we rarely knew an AR client was coming before they showed up. This meant 1) we hadn't set kit aside for them, and 2) if they forgot their voucher we couldn't verify their booking; cue ten minutes of them furiously scanning emails from 9 months ago on their phones or our shop computer. All this only goes for a small chain of shops though, and as usual it wasn't unknown to give out better skis to people if they were nice customers (polite, no stress, could control their kids! Laughing )
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you everyone

seems like its going to be alpinresorts, using Twinner sports in St Martin De Belleville then.

Cheers Geoff
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They're a Slovakian outfit with a good English site. I've used them for the past couple of years and had good gear off them for very little money - often inding up in the same shop as others that have booked through the more well-known agents, getting the same skis at a lower rate. Their usual discount code is news133
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a very good experience with alpinresorts.com

Our neice was coming out to see us, we booked boots for her.
Sadly she has had to cancel....and I didn't pay the extra £1 or so for cancellation insurance (typical!)

I called them and asked if I could transfer the booking to later in March when we have another visitor......they said that I should make the new booking, call them up, and they would refund the old.

Done....and done.

You can't say fairer than that, and their price & shop location, were top notch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy