Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen - non-skier/social activities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is my first post here, so apologies if this is not the right area...

My wife and I are both on our 60s and have been skiing for about 20 years, twice in Wengen. We're best described as humdrum intermediates.

We have usually skied together, i.e. just the two of us, but have spent some time in French resorts with larger groups of friends who unfortunately no longer ski due to families growing up and changing priorities. My wife now no longer skis after a total hip replacement operation last year, so we're looking for a resort which will give us both a social side for her as a non-skier and a reasonable chance for me to meet up with a few people of similar ability level. Wengen seems ideal as it's so "British", but I've no idea whether this is actually the case or where to start looking for such activities.

Can members provide any advice on this, or suggest other resorts which might provide what we want?

Regards,

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boston1832, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Well in Wengen there's the Downhill Only Club (DHO) which was founded by British skiers in 1925 and has a very nice clubroom right next to Wengen station in the old Eiger hotel building where people meet up in the evening for a few social drinks and chat. They meet up in the morning too outside by the Eiger steps for group led skiing. You can have a day taster session with them which is free, if you like it and want to join then I believe they do an introductory price 1 week membership. https://downhillonly.com/membership/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink wrote:
@boston1832, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Well in Wengen there's the Downhill Only Club (DHO) which was founded by British skiers in 1925 and has a very nice clubroom right next to Wengen station in the old Eiger hotel building where people meet up in the evening for a few social drinks and chat. They meet up in the morning too outside by the Eiger steps for group led skiing. You can have a day taster session with them which is free, if you like it and want to join then I believe they do an introductory price 1 week membership. https://downhillonly.com/membership/

Thanks Alistair - we came across them in the bar of the Belevdere a few years ago and I suspect that their "intermediate" standard isn't my "intermediate".
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boston1832, the DHO normally has two groups skiing during the day, a faster group and a slower group, so I think the slower group might well be suitable for you. I'd suggest you give it a try for a day, if you find that you're not really comfortable in the slower group you're perfectly free to tell the leader so and that you prefer to peel off and do your own thing. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy