Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full Tilt Intuition Liner - DIY Heat Molding ?

Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought some Full Tilt B&E's off the Internet at greatly reduced price.

The instructions say the boots need putting on heat sticks in the shop for 10 mins, and then putting on the foot to allow to mild.

Will a hair dryer on hot do the same thing ?

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hairdryer no, but you could try following the advice in this video...

http://youtube.com/v/Izrj3EyNpb4

I've done it a few times.

Best advice I can give is to clean the oven first and keep checking every 60 seconds so that you see the liners soften as they get to the right temperature.

On my feet I wore ski socks, with two toe caps made from the toes of old wool socks. I pulled a pair of women's knee high tights over the top of the socks to hold the toe caps and the Superfeet insoles in place.

One of the times I lifted my toes up by standing on a couple of books, this certainly didn't make things worse, and may have helped the heel pockets to form.

I use heat moulded insoles when I'm skiing, but I used Superfeet Greens while moulding because of the risk of damaging the heat moulded insoles.

Final tip, do one boot at a time, less to worry about.

My girlfriend was a bit shocked when she looked in my oven and noticed that I'd cleaned it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so stick them in the oven at 150 degrees ish?

Not sure about spacing toes etc though!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alternatively Full Tilt claim that you can mould the liners just by wearing them, sounds painful to me though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1430406
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Google is your friend - as usual, if you could be bothered looking. There are a raft of sites with the info you need, including the Intuition site itself https://intuitionliners.com/fitting/home-fitting-instructions/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can confirm that the "rice" method described in the intuition thread above works fine (you can east the rice after too )

I'd read that one of the problems with heating the inners in the oven is that they're quite floppy when heated, so can be problems getting them back into the shells
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ulmerhutte wrote:
snowHeads are your friends - as usual, if you could be bothered asking. There are a raft of posters with the info you need, including this topic itself http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=113650#2603881
FIFY
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you for the responses. I did try the search facility prior to posting, I obviously searched the wrong thing...

The rice method looks good, will try that with some of the wife's finest tights. Just need to find something thing to make a toe box.

Having said that I need some custom foot beds so I may just be cheeky and ask them to heat the boots at the same time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
heat stacks and the rice method are ok but that is about as good as they are, really the only way to get a good mould on an intuition liner is the oven... 118 degrees is what our boot oven is set at, 10 minutes sometimes a little longer, the liner is then pulled over the foot (which should have the footbed taped to it and appropriate padding to the toes and any pressure points) the whole thing is then put inside a lycra sock and it goes into the shell, clips done up mid range to compress the liner.... it is tight as hell for the moulding process (or the boot was too big) but when the toe caps and padding are removed you should be left with a great fit
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM cheers.

Didn't think I would get my foot in the inner, then in to the shell, will give it a go first.

Will just have to think of something to make a toe box.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did a pair of boots using our oven just as CEM described. I found it a little tricky getting the foot and liner into the boot unaided which resulted in the liner getting a bit misshapen (more around the overlap than the foot). It's not a huge problem because of course you can do it again. In the end though I visited my local ski shop and got them to do it for me at the same time as they made me some new custom footbeds.

If you do it yourself I'd try to have someone help you pull the shell open as you slide your foot/liner in.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds a bit dicey- as you have saved so much money getting these fantastic boots, wouldn't it be better to get a ski shop with the right equipment to do it all for you and check it's all done and fitting correctly rather than chance it going wrong and having to shell out for a new set of liners ??

However there is nothing like experimentation - let me know if it works - if it's that easy perhaps I could start a home business from my kitchen
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowtogo - depends what you call dicey ? Heating a remould able liner on your foot inside a ski boot doesn't take expertise.

Remoulding a shell takes tools and experience.

Shops offer fitting services, indeed 2 shops have already quoted me £40 for 'fitting' the boots. When I asked what I would get for the £40. Well sir we will mould the liner boot to your foot.

When I said did this include altering the shell if needs be, no that would be extra. Does that include a footbed, no that would be extra. So in essence I am better doing the moulding at home and saving £40. If the boots don't fit well at that point then I may visit a shop. I dare say if I put them in my over at 270 it may do them no good.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@FunkyDunc, if it does get screwed up in the oven you won't find someone to fix it for £40…let me explain the price…..it takes time to mould a liner…. 10mins prep, 10-15mins in oven depending on liner, 15 mins cooling time, then reassembly (and you will probably be upset if the fitter walks off to talk to other people during that time so you will want him/her all to yourself) if a shop is not moulding your liner they could be selling a pair of boots, which would make them more money, so why would they charge less.

you will be glad you didn't call me, we have a fixed price for what we call boot set up (boot not purchased from us) it is £55, for that we set cuff cant and mould liner/shell as appropriate, yup footbeds are extra, shell stretches and grinds are extra, and the service is NOT available at weekends….. maybe it is about time people realised that there is some level of skill involved in doing this stuff, my workshop has several thousand pounds worth of equipment in it to do the job professionally, we have rent, rates, electricity and staff to pay for, you go to a garage to get your car serviced what do you pay per hour there???? if a main dealer it can run to 3 figures per hour, why is a boot fitter worth anything less, after all it is your comfort and the enjoyment of your leisure time at stake!

unfortunately some stores have devalued boot fitting and charge £15 per hour or similar, but i guess if you want some kid off the street with a days training to do the job then that is what you get…. as someone commented on recent Facebook discussion that i was involved with " if you have £1000 and a free weekend you too can be a master boot fitter" Little Angel
snow report
This^
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy