Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warmest mitts for cold fingers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam wrote:
If any one has... any other suggestions please let me know.

Well, given that the Black Diamond Mercuries and various colours and flavours of Hestra have been repeatedly suggested in a lot of glove and mitten threads on SH for some time now... nah, I got nothing wink

S&R have women's mercuries in all sizes online for a fair bit less than those gloves you were looking at.

Want something with Primaloft and gortex

Absense of branded materials does not imply lack of quality and performance, you know. Its just a bonus, and the small improvement might not justify a big price hike.

You'll find that most goretex gloves (and other, unbranded waterproofs) are generally "inserts", not a full, taped shell so their ultimate waterproofness is limited. Unless you're spending much time skiing in the rain (which suggests warmer temps anyway, so you don't need super insulated mitts then!) leather and softshell fabrics are pretty good at keeping the wet out, if you treat em right.

edit:looks like there are goretex mercuries this year, btw.

However, the gloves I saw didn't have the all improtant wrist strap.

You can always attach your own easily enough. It would be a shame to ignore an otherwise perfect pair of gloves or mitts for want of a couple of bits of elastic and 5 minutes with a needle and thread. Hestra sell wrist loops which could be attached to any brand of gloves this way, if you wanted something a bit fancier.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi All

Am bumping this old thread......
Need to buy some new mittens for my always cold hands - I already use silver glove inners and the tea bag type handwarmers but still have numb fingers.

Want something with Primaloft and gortex and a wrist strap is also essential. Any ideas
Am looking at Reusch Women's Volcano Gore-Tex XCR Mitten - pricey at £175
even considering the snowlife heated ones - £250 - ouch. However, the gloves I saw didn't have the all improtant wrist strap.

Neither are currently in stock at Snow and Rock Hemel - so I will need to order on line.

If any one has tried these or has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

If you're willing to spend that sort of money, a better (and cheaper) answer is to buy a pair of rechargeable heated glove liners. Mrs Doc has a pair of Blazewear's. A major advantage of these is you know the problem is sorted. No more worrying about your new gloves not being warm enough.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks all.
Yes was thinking a needle and thread might be in order - useful to know Hestra sell wrist straps separately.
Will take a look at the blazewear heated inners too. I have the thermic heaters in my boots which really help my cold toes!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mrs Doc has the Thermic too. I think the glove liners were an even bigger hit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy