Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick Q re. Binding Fitting and Boot Positioning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, quick technical question if I may please!

I am considering purchasing an all mountain set of skis (Missions) from a well known online retailer based in France Very Happy (you all will know who they are, and their keen prices on previous season hardware).

This question is about getting the boot position right without having my boot if you see what I mean. Usually I just supply the boot sole length in mm and a retailer will fit the binding - same as anyone else. I never worried about this in the past as they always came fitted correctly.

I always wondered - how can I be confident that the middle mark on the ski will align with the middle mark of my boot from the sole length? Is there some kind of 'standard' whereby for a specified sole length, the middle of the boot is a pre-specified distance in between, and the jigs the ski techs use to drill the holes will be set to automatically align the middle of the ski with the middle of the boot?

Thanks! Hope someone can enlighten me!

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
psbbst, most Jigs have a scale on them in mm, but better to to use a boot same length as yours that goes on to jig to measure exactly. (one of my salomon jigs is miles out) Then there is a centre mark on the jig that lines up with centre mark on ski. Your boot will have its centre mark in the erm...middle. (in theory anyway)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy