Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hagen skyraider AT skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used these skis with sylvereta 500 bindings?
What's peoples opinion of them for touring and using for approach skis for climbing, they appeal because of their weight and the fact I can use b3 mountaineering boots with them as a compromise when needed.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Because of this, I presume? http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/1341/

Whenever I've seen people skiing in mountaineering boots, they've been on shorter and lighter sticks than that. These things seem like quite a lot of ski to be attached to via a not-very-releasable binding. Rather you than me!

Have you read this, incidentally? http://coldthistle.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/part-2.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use the Hagan "Heat"s, which were a predecessor of the Skyraiders - excellent touring skis due to their lightness, and great in powder.
I was initially going to use these as an one-ski quiver for resort skiing too, but they're a bit soft and chattery when skiing on hardpack, so I just use these for touring now.

braemarmountainsports.com say....
Quote:
The Skyraider strikes a superb balance between weight and performance at 80mm underfoot and well under 3kg per pair. Hagan skis have always offered low weight and these are no different. Leaving off where the Heat and Green Dragon started the Skyraider uses a Semicap air carbon construction. They've proved to be versatile and hardwearing with wide (ish) ski performance combined with narrow ski touring ability all at a reasonable price.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha yeah although I saw the advert on ukc!

Just trying to decide what skis to get. The black diamond verdict seems like a really good ski as well, quite torn I have a pair of crusades but these are way to heavy and have the weird fronts on them!

Thanks for the advice so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy