Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside Out Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Went along to a performance clinic today on pressure control with inside out skiing at Hemel.

Its the first one I've done and have to say it was a fantastic day, learn't a lot and got masses of valuable advice from rob@rar.

The day was well structured allowing for frequent breaks but they weren't wasted time as video footage was used to review what had been covered and areas for improvement.

Thanks for a fantastic day! I'm sure I'll be returning!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spiky1013, glad you enjoyed the day (and particularly pleased you didn't see me fall over!). The slope was a bit busier than usual, but apart from that frustration I think everyone made some nice changes to their skiing as the day went on.

Be great to see you back for more sessions, and we'd be really happy to help you work towards your Level 2 qualification.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a "guilty look" smiley? A day with Rob and Scott a few years ago produced video evidence of me looking like a half-competent skier for the first time in my life. Another session or two and I might be able to repeat it.

Bit of a long way to Hemel though, is my excuse.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't need repeating... but I will anyway! Smile

Having had a LOT and done a fair bit of coaching in my time, I can state with quite strong conviction that both rob@rar and skimottaret are excellent at what they do....as well as pretty handy ski instructors!! Wink

Seriously, both of them have individual strengths which compliment each other and I would be very suprised if anyone who went along to one of their indoor clinics, outdoor training weeks or private instruction sessions, didn't come away with something that would ultimately make them a better skier.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

compliment each other

on the contrary, they are often rather rude to each other... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
complEment

(I should be called Pedantica)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
evski, er, I think that's the point pam w was - jokily - making.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oops, skipped over it! Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
evski, ah, not a true pedant then, if you don't read every single post, word for word! wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

compliment each other

on the contrary, they are often rather rude to each other... wink

I wish that I could say that I was being ironic....but it was just a grammatical mistake...damn!!! Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spiky1013 wrote:
Went along to a performance clinic today on pressure control with inside out skiing at Hemel.

Its the first one I've done and have to say it was a fantastic day, learn't a lot and got masses of valuable advice from rob@rar.

The day was well structured allowing for frequent breaks but they weren't wasted time as video footage was used to review what had been covered and areas for improvement.

Thanks for a fantastic day! I'm sure I'll be returning!

Me too, just got home after a 2nd (non-skiing) day down there. Ache like hell though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good to bump into you on Saturday Colin B.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur, and you, shame we won't be able to share a beer next week, enjoy Christmas though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Indeed! Have a great week - sounds like some timely snow is on its way in.
snow conditions
Chasseur, Were you at Hemel first thing on Saturday? (I was skiing 8-10)
snow conditions
Hi Linds. Yes, I was there from 9 - 11. Surprised I didn't spot you - shame too.
snow conditions
Chasseur, Not coming to the PSB?! But I'm pretty certain it's your round! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, again? Quite so soon? Toofy Grin

Nope, no PSB for me this year. I know you'll be gutted... Laughing EoSB is looking very likely, though Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Thank you, Rob, for a very useful 'moguls' lesson today. I've come home absolutely shattered but full of drills to practise on a somewhat larger patch of snow. Great day! snowHead
ski holidays
snowmum123, glad you enjoyed it Happy
latest report
Rob, I'm booked in for the mogul session on Monday. I know it sounds like a daft question but will there be moguls or bumps on Mt. Hemel on that day. The reason I ask is that 2 years ago I signed up for a level 6 mogul session organised by Hemel themselves and there were no moguls that day, so we had to use our imagination. Bit of a waste of time really! snowHead
ski holidays
cyberil, unfortunately there is no way that we can request the Snow Centre make bumps for us. During the morning we will work on drills and exercises on the flat developing the skills that we need to use when skiing bumps. In the afternoon session we will set up a little course so we are all skiing the same line which will develop some small bumps of our own. It's a bit of a compromise, obviously, but we normally get enough terrain so we can test the skills that we are working on during the morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy