Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - Restaurant/Bar Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I asked a similar question here an a previous similar outing and got very useful feedback so here I go again....

I have not been to Flaine for probably 15 years or so so I consider myself a bit out of touch.

I am taking a group of 25 very important but well up for a party of mostly middle aged skiers for a 3 night trip on 16 Dec. I am looking for suggestions for the following meals, :

1. Arrival night - informal event which is the only 'not paid for' meal and ideally a bar which also serves food but does not require a booking

2. 2 x Lunches - not self serve but relatively quick- a few of the party are beginners so needs to be accessible from resort Kitsch and cheese meals are appropriate here

3. Apres Ski Party to start around 5pm - a venue that will play loud and cheesy choons, doesn't mind a 'lively crowd', serve copious quantities of beer and also ideally have food which can be served canape style (but not in a posh way... ) Burgers etc would be fine

4. Nice upmarket dinner with nice wine. Not cheese specialities especially but steak ok.

Anyone living there, or with good local knowledge, especially as I appreciate not all venues might be open that week, your help will be repaid in virtual beers! Its quite a high spending group so pretty good business too.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frogslegs, sorry but dining out in Flaine, well let's just say...... Sad

Where are you actually staying? It's a couple of years since we have stayed there but in Flaine Foret there is a nice creperie called Sucre Sel which is laid back, informal, good value and a little different though has something for most people. There is the Flying Dutchman bar just along from there which does bar food I think and gets lively. Perdrix Noir is a British owned 'pub' along the road which I don't rate at all but could be a solution for your first night as your group won't mind the prices.

I wouldn't recommend any of the few mountain restaurants in Flaine itself (would travel down towards Les Carroz depending on how capable your beginners are). I say that because they are expensive and lacking in atmosphere (sorry!). You could try the Cascades for lunch which is on the (fairly wide and will be quiet) run down between Foret and Forum. Can't remember the name of the large resto near the bottom of Grands Vans Express but that could be good for a group at lunchtime and very convienient so maybe am being harsh Toofy Grin

Not up market, but Chez Pierrot in the mall in Forum is good - steak, local savoyarde cuisine, pizzas etc.

Of course, hoping they will all be open...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmotte16, As you say hoping they are open. The Sucre Sal was under new ownership last year and only opened towards the end of xmas week so we were not able to see if standards maintained. The Perdrix Noir normally only opens by the Fri/Sat beginning of xmas week as do many others. Brasserie Les Cimes if open may be an option

http://www.flaine.com/plan-station-ski.php?lg=EN&sn=1#

Also the amount of pistes open that early will be very limited and I would expect the resort to be very quiet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok , this is by no means impossible but with the size of group and time of year that you are you both v difficult and also massively important. Perdrix Noir, Ancolie , and the pub whose name i cant remember in foret are what I would go for. Probablu 1 Perdrix, 2 Ancolie 3 Perdrix.

THere has been a LOT of change in the last couple of months and you will be there just as new owners start out ... perhaps you could PM me and I ll explain further...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
l'Ancolie in Hameau is far better than the Perdrix Noire IMHO and will fit your number 4. The White Bar in Forum at the far end of the shops gets lively straight after the lifts close but there won't be many people there when you are out. There is a new restaurant I saw being built back in the summer close to one of the runs back to the DMC that might be worth a try for lunch - being new they might be trying to make a good impression. Difficult to explain its location but I would guess it is between the route of the DMC and the Tete des Verds before they cross one another. If it is a fine day take one of the last cars up on the DMC in late afternoon, have a beer (or three) in the restaurant at the top and watch the sun going down as you ski back down.

Have a good trip!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chalets des molliets, was good for lunch last year on the les carroz side. Flaine was a bit hit and miss on the slopes for us.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Mason, Just looking at the above plan, there appear to be two new restaurants in that general area. The Desert Blanc and the La Pente a Jules.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gsb, I think the new one is Pente a Jules
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mishmash, Are you able to say what the changes are? Are they for the better?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy