Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
I'm here -- last day today. Mostly good apart from the day of rain, but right now nothing with any height is open due to the high winds. Forecast for people coming out looks good, though.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dumping it down with snow in Bourg d'Oisans although the snow level was supposed to be above 1200m
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowed all day and still snowing now Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a fantastic bluebird day yesterday, powder everywhere at times knee deep, pistes all topped up beautifully. Overcast today but vis not bad, should be set for the rest of the week
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick D, great to hear. Have fun Cool Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
To all who are out there now have a great and safe time. We out 1st March so don't use up all the snow. Hope there'll be another few dumps before we arrive.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we feel truly blessed-
it snowed all weekend and the sun came out for half term! We had to stop after lunch yesterday as I didnt have any suncream for the kids!! (no bad thing on first day- bit of beer drinking on the balcony instead)
I cant believe how quiet the the whole vaujany area is.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After another bluebird day on Thursday this morning we've awoken to bad vis and snow as forecast. Pistes are starting to get hard & bumpy in places with the half term traffic taking its toll. Attempted to go up onto the glacier yesterday but gave up due to the huge queues at Marmottes 3 & Pic Blanc lifts. La Balme was a game of avoiding the fallen skiers yesterday, large off camber icy bumps but fun nonetheless!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing again on and off for much of yesterday, a couple of inches on our balcony at 1350 this morning with low cloud in the valley so heading up to Pic Blanc first lift for a play in what should be some nice powder snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick D, Keep the updates coming. This time next week we"ll be there. Yippee!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi All,

Just came back from a great week's skiing. As Nick D, mentioned, it dumped it down all day Sunday 16th Feb and then we had clear blue skies and above knee deep powder on Monday. Did the whole morning of piste in the Auris area which was deserted and I was one of the first down La Fuma in untouched powder. Off the side of Col de Cloy was also almost untouched. Temperatures then rose sharply which, together with the traffic, gave way to spring-like conditions - hard in the morning and soft in the afternoon. Thursday again was another bluebird day and did the tunnel with almost no-one else on it, even though the queues to get up there were pretty big.

A few more inches came on Friday, so I expect those who were able to ski on the Saturday had a great day in the sunshine.

More snow forecast for this week and low temperatures, so should be good for anyone heading out there in the next week or so.

Next trip down will be on the 14th March - counting the days and praying for another day like the 17th Feb.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks pretty tasty for anyone there at the moment or anyone heading there this weekend. 2 more weeks for me to wait before going down again - let's hope it holds up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glorious pic of sunrise over the Ecrins posted on the ADH facebook page today. I'd link but can't access FB at work Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep. Just had a brilliant day in Col d'Ornon, opposite side of the valley to ADH with supposedly steepest black in the frenh alps for those not familiar with the area. Got seriously busy at one stage with 4 people in front of us in the draglift queue rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skitow, Nice one. That's on my list of places still to visit, hopefully in April if the lifts still running & there's snow cover.
ski holidays
Nick D, I think you will be out of luck to be honest, suspect it will close mid to end march. There are 2 sections to the station, the lower one I suspect generates the most income from the 2 beginner draglifts but will be snowless first.The upper section, which is only accessible by road from the lower, with 2 draglifts, a short easy one and a long jump start one that gives you access to the black and red run may have snow but I cannot see it would operate alone. For example there were probably about an average of 20 people skiing there today with probably approaching 100 on the beginner section. Big numbers eh Very Happy (That was not meant to be sarcastic, it is a brilliant place.)
snow report
skitow, That's a shame, really must get there next season if not. There was talk it wouldn't operate at all this year. Sounds like things are due to get a bit snowy out there today/tomorrow. snowHead
snow report
Dumping it down at the moment and plenty more forecast - looks like March could be the new January.
ski holidays
Bags are packed ready for off. Nice glass of wine in hand holiday starts here!!! Will send updates from snowy Alpe d'huez. Yay!! Laughing
ski holidays
snowmam, Have a great trip! Looking super-snowy out there!
snow conditions
It's been snowing here for most of the day. Some of the cars coming down from resort are covered in snow Smile

We are off to col d'Ornon on Sunday which should be good.
snow report
Nick D, thank any thoughts on what transfer will be like tomorrow from Chambery does snow cause much disruption?
snow conditions
snowmam, Chambery? snow? disruption? Don't worry you're on holiday and it'll all be fine!
snow report
Let it snow, let it snow let it snow Smile
latest report
Wow this is a fantastic resort. Bluebird day yesterday tons of snow. Had a great day. Has been snowing overnight about a foot down so far. Haven't ventured out yet today still snowing.
snow report
Quote:

Haven't ventured out yet today still snowing.

Go, go, go!!!
snow report
snowmam, after fresh snow and to avoid the crowds, I normally head over to the Auris side. It can be wonderful there with some fresh snow and normally pretty deserted.

Enjoy.
snow report
Went out around 12. Up Marmotte because at least there's a hood on the chair. Could not see whether I was up or down traversing or facing the valley very poor light. Got down Olympique in one piece legs burning loads of unpisted powder. Had lunch then. It stopped snowing around 2.30 and light improved so went back up for a few runs before the legs turned to jelly. Blue skies started to appear then so hopefully might see the sun tomorrow again and an epic powder day. Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowmam, good on you. I love skiing when it's snowing. Better below the tree line though and not much of that in ADH!
latest report
Looks like great conditions at the moment, but not sure how long it will last. Looks like a warm high pressure is moving in at the weekend and it's gonna be here for the foreseeable. Spring conditions here we come.
latest report
Unfortunately today was another washout or should I day snow out. Went up around 11 into total whiteout. Had coffee in La Folie Douce which turned into lunch to see would it clear snow snow and then guess what??? More snow. Skied down carefully inadvertently off piste at times because we couldn't see the piste markings. Scary. Went into bar at bottom to see if it would clear but it didn't. Snowed until about 8. I think it's stopped now. So plan is peep out early in morn if it's bright and sunny plan first tracks if it's snowing I'm not getting dressed. Duvet day Sad this sucks please stop snowing now!!! On the upside anyone planning trip in next week or two will have fantastic conditions. Very Happy
ski holidays
Fabulous skiing last two days. Bjorn_again_Daehlie, As per your advice did Auris area and it was great. Escalade today a bit slushy and all runs over there a bit soft but the rollers on the front of fontfroide are good fun. Thanks to all who advised me we also did Sarrenne this morning and as promised very doable and hoping to do it again tomorrow morning. Queues were long we left apt at 9 and were on it for 10.20 so not too bad. Bottom green section pain I the a** tho. Have not attempted tunnel although guys in bar tonight were recommending it?????
This is a great resort and we will definitely be returning. Good table quiz tonight in o bar which we won so great all round. Ready for bed now. More tomorrow. Very Happy
snow report
Back home from another amazing week skiing all in one piece. Alpe d'huez definitely a place to return to. Lots of great runs long cruisey reds challenging enough to keep it interesting. La Folie Douce an experience not to be missed for Après Ski. All in all success for another year. Roll on next season. Anyone still to go have a great time and I hope you get a week as good as we did.
snow report
snowmam, glad you enjoyed it - just don't tell too many people wink

Heading down on Friday for a boys weekend. Still plenty of snow by the looks of it at the moment, but with the very high temperatures for the foreseeable, hopefully there'll still be some there when I get down.

Nick D, when're you next down?
ski holidays
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, 5th April, packing shorts & factor 50! Very warm out there apparently.
snow conditions
Hi Nick D, I'll be down that week too, so will hopefully catch up. I'm doing the Paris Marathon on the 6th and then training it to Grenoble on the 7th.

Very warm and looks set to continue. Hopefully it'll change in the next couple of weeks to refresh the snow before April.
latest report
Freaking warm right across the alps by all accounts, but there is loads of snow here and the spring off piste is just waking up ... but pick your times carefully as there is slippage both low and high.
ski holidays
Heading out on Saturday... I can see it's hot, hot, hot... but any news on snow conditions (particularly on the runs down to Oz and Vaujany) would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to coming home with a serious suntan! Cool
snow conditions
Hi rainman, Heading down tomorrow afternoon. Where're you staying? We're in Oz with a group of lads.
latest report
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, pack your Speedos! A bit slushy after 2.00 on the lower slopes apparently. Have fun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy