Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Super fun skis should i get?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DB, A great spot thanks for that... might be a winner, though JJ is tip and tail rockered though so guessing the 175 would ski like a snowblade??? will be on that website tonight see what else is around!

Also for the possibility of skinning was looking now at the Big stix 98, a mix between fun and practical, not seen an honest review of them yet though, you might be right, I think the Big stix are pretty much just the wateas from last year without powder hull!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara,

Yeah a 185 cm might be better for you. Some real bargins (and some overpriced jokers) come up on that site so its worth looking but don't blame me if you end up with 23 pairs of skis. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^ Don't be scared to go long with that shape. Basically the same concept as my Bibby Pros, which at 5 foot 9 and 75ishkg I find very easy to ski in 190.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^^ again go longer, I'm 5'7" and 70kg and ski some EP pros in a 185, wouldn't want anything shorter with the shape of the ski
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
I know it may be pushing your parameters a bit but Whitedot Redeemers, Movement Flyswatters and others of a similar ilk put a big tick in the fun box in soft snow conditions. Hard bumps maybe less so but if you're going to turn to the darkside you might as well go all the way.

I'd look at the Whitedot One as well. Not such a wide ski as the Preacher/Redeemer, but great fun, especially in the park and on powder/crud, and pretty OK on bumps (sadly, I am not). I love mine. Their weakness is piste carving on hardpack - but the OP has his Heads and Blizzards for that! More comparable with a Line Prophet than a proper powder monster ski.

They look nice, too. But if it's proper rockered powder monsters you want, these aren't really the thing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it really bad that I tried a pair of Preachers and hated them, kinda put me off paying the extra money for Whitedots.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dulcamara, don't know, I haven't skied them, but I don't understand why you'd want so much sidecut and no rocker in a ski of that width.

My sister has the Directors though, and they seem brilliant - I really want some.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Isn't anyone going to Suggest White Dot?? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dulcamara - probably not - I didn't get on with the Preacher either, but really liked the One! Also got a pretty good deal on them, as they were last season's runouts. £350 with Marker Jester Schizo bindings fitted. Skiied them in Saas Fee in the park in July, fell in love with them. Terrible on icy hardpack, mind.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is a little away from the general consensus but have seen some reviews that rate them as a fairly playful all round ski... Black Diamond Zealot???
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks similar to the ski you had a lot of fun on but at 2.3 kg per ski @ 182 cm it's going to be very heavy on longer tours althouh I guess you would use your charters for long tours.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2011-2012-black-diamond-zealot

Weight makes a big difference I'm only 73 kg / 160 lbs and many of the burly skis are too stiff - how much do you weigh?

Are you looking for a playful powder ski (using your scott pures for heavier snow / crud days) or an allrounder?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Certainly something that can handle as many different aspects as possible, piste is not so important but enough control to keep me alive on wind pack or ice certainly is....

Here is the final list and I am pulling the trigger tonight, have pee'd my girlfriend off enough thinking about it!, in current favourite order

1. BD Zealot ...182
2. Fischer Big Stix 98 ...186
3. Salomon Rocker 2 108 ... 190
2. Armada TST (lower due to the terrifying price) ... 183
5. Rossignol S7.... 188 cm of i am a ponse and want something less common!!

Zealot huh???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well got bored, they're on the way..... seriously cheers everyone for their input, not had this many problems picking a ski!

If anyone is ever Montafon bound give me a shout, will be happy to show off what my skis can do on the many blue runs here, could even drink a beer after!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What'd'ya go for?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Black Diamond Zealot, Marker barons, Kohla skins
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy