Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere world cup....

Poster: A snowHead
a fellow snowhead has just pointed out I'm in Val for the world cup on the 8/9th Dec

Looks like there is a GS and an S on the 8th and 9th Dec.

Never watched a world cup event, but sounds like I should!! Anyone know what time the races are on, tips for where to stand etc etc!!

cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it Ladies or mens - different slopes.
Wrap up a lot - there can be a lot of pauses if someone falls.
More of an atmosphere at the bottom generally (and you can retire to a bar to warm up!_
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, The races are on the Face de Bellevarde, times are here and you can see the pistes used here. I can't see whether you would be able to watch from anywhere other than the bottom.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, Watched it a couple of years running there. It's the men's on the Face, GS on 8th and Slalom on 9th. I think you can only watch from the bottom but as they're fairly short races you will see most of the GS and all the Slalom, giant screen too. Great atmosphere.

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?cal_suchsector=AL&event_id=31709
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway, mens

rjs, cheers, packing down gillet and down jacket already!! Times don't fit well with an expected need to practise some skills during the weekend!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm leaving on 8th but if the Tignes link is open I might ski over and watch the practising on the Friday, I'm sure Tarquin will be up for that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bear in mind as well that some of the pistes and lifts get screwed up during race weekend. It is more difficult to get about.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, I;m in La Daille so should be ok!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I sure would but as it's GS & Slalom I don't think there'll be anything in the way of a training run - It grates a bit coming home the day of the race too (Although was always the case really though with no late Luton flight this year) rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there a DH race? I've watched a few of the Men's DH races and enjoyed it. Great atmosphere, although nowhere near as big an event as some of the classics in Austria and Switzerland. Being there for a DH training day was always good as you could get up close to the racers. I had a short chat with Bode one year which was very exciting (for me, probably not so much for him).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tarquin, Just free skiing 10 - 11

rob@rar, No just GS and Slalom there for the men this year, a women's DH though the following week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, The free skiing that is listed will probably be on the race piste, there are reserved warmup areas too that I would expect to be used at other times.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I skied the face the day after race day a couple of years ago, it was a whole new experience. I've skied it many times before, but race prepared it's a different beast entirely.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyhull wrote:
I skied the face the day after race day a couple of years ago, it was a whole new experience. I've skied it many times before, but race prepared it's a different beast entirely.

better, worse??

I've done it 4 times, and each time I have stood off my ski's, looked back and vowed "never again", only the Swiss Wall is harder (that I have done), for entirely different reasons.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is a good event to watch. I was in Val a few years ago when they had it on and it provided a bit of interest away from actually going up the mountain and snowboarding. It was enjoyable and utterly amazing how fast they go, especially down a slope like the face. Worth at least having a watch of some of it
snow conditions
kitenski, Is that a very poor pun.

Andy
snow conditions
kitenski, Is that a very poor pun.

Andy
ski holidays
Was about half way up on an adjacent piste to the Face in 2009 when a men's DH was on also stood near the bottom for the women's race (different piste). Didn't stop long at the men's race, just enough to see Miller and Svindal flash past in a blur of lycra. Skied to a restaurant in town from where we could watch the last jump and run in to the finish.

might be Svindal at the right edge
snow conditions
I was hoping to get over to this on the Sunday but our flight was changed to a later one so we'll probably not be able to make it now Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy