Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brides les Bains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked for one night on the way to the EoSB, can't wait! Very Happy Lovely little town.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski wrote:
jb1970,

Let's be honest, great resort for those lacking a sense of humour. wink

Aye, whatever! lol
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We nearly booked to stay there earlier this year but found that la tania and le praz were both comparable in price terms so we went with la tania. We were very glad we did because the gondola looks like a right faff. I just don't believe the people above who described it as a relaxing start or end to the day. Gondola rides are all unpleasant - small seats, humid sweaty air, farts, too many layers on. They are just grim.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970 wrote:
valais2 wrote:
jb1970, ....incidentally...which hotel huave you booked?

Hotel Amelie.

Nice hotel. Middle of the town, 5 minute walk to the gondola (uphill going there!). All the better bars and restaurants within 2 minute walk.

I spend two weeks every season in B-L-B and I can honestly say the gondola ride doesn't bother me at all, although I do miss out on the apres-ski in Meribel. This coming season I will want to try the new Folie Douce in Meribel, so I can see a late evening taxi ride back to B-L-B on the cards at least on one evening. Maybe I can even convince the driver of the late evening bus to Moutiers to drop me off on the B-L-B by-pass again! If there was enough snow you could ski off-piste all the way back to B-L-B. I did it last January, and I found it to be on the limit of my skiing skills. The owners of the Le Plantin told me that three extremely drunk Russians left his restaurant at midnight the evening before my attempt to ski back to B-L-B, and he didn't expect to see them ever again! Didn't see any bodies on my journey, but maybe the wolves got there first!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It really is amazing how many folks will diss the place even though they've never actually stayed there. rolling eyes

We go back time and again, like others, because we like it. If you can't stand the 22 minute bubble ride then just go somewhere else and leave the place nice and quiet for the rest of us that appreciate it like that. It's really no more awkward as a base than many locations in Meribel. No one ever mentions the sardine-tin-like buses there that (eventually) ferry you back and forth at the ends of the day.

Let me extol Bride's virtues once again:
* bubble ride directly to Meribel and the heart of the 3V system
* eg. only 2 lifts to the top of the Saulire, 3 and you're on the Val Thorens side
* bubble starts 30 mins before rest of system so you can still beat most folks to the top
* use the ride to plan your day
* bubble ends 30 mins after the rest of system so you can still ski to the end of the day
* use the ride down to recap and unwind
* real French atmosphere
* low altitude (600m) means a good nights sleep and more energy for the day
* quiet location
* easy to get to
* relatively cheap

Okay, it's not suitable for those wanting to get drunk with a load of noisy Brits every night but, hey, that's not 100% of the skiing population.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^ ...and occasionally you can ski back down to Les Allues rather than get on the buble at Meribel centre

(Will have to rely on others to say how often this is possible - I've been there when the run has been closed and open)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dsoutar wrote:
^ ...and occasionally you can ski back down to Les Allues rather than get on the buble at Meribel centre

(Will have to rely on others to say how often this is possible - I've been there when the run has been closed and open)

Skiing from Meribel to both the mid-stations of the gondola is possible on marked pistes, but these particular pistes are often closed due to the poor condition of the snow.

At the very end of the day it can sometimes be difficult to find an empty bubble, if trying to get on at the mid-stations, due to them being full of skiers happily returning to Brides-Les-Bain!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mixed reports but I'm all excited. To be honest, lots of places have at least a 10-15 minute gondola ride - I can certainly name a few I have been to (Soldeu, Soll, Les Deux Alpes) - what is another 15 minutes onto each journey!!! As far as lack of nightlife goes, as I've said before, I am not too fussed at all about apres ski (i'm teetotal for a start, so it doesn't bother me). Quite looking forward to it now, although I have Les Deux Alpes in January first!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dsoutar wrote:

Easily managed it back in March this year when the alps had that very warm spell. It was icy in places and slushy in others but still a nice run none the less.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970, Despite what I and others have said buddy... You'll have a blast... These boards are all about opinions and if everyone agreed on everything then well... There would be no such thnigs as forums and we would all be making each other sick with how nice we are to each other Very Happy

Never actually stayed in BLB and I doubt I ever will cos I would rather be up amongst it all... But that is my choice... You wanted opinions and thoughts and that is exactly what everyone has done... Smile

Hope you have a top ski holiday mate Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
altis wrote:
It really is amazing how many folks will diss the place even though they've never actually stayed there. rolling eyes

We go back time and again, like others, because we like it. If you can't stand the 22 minute bubble ride then just go somewhere else and leave the place nice and quiet for the rest of us that appreciate it like that. It's really no more awkward as a base than many locations in Meribel. No one ever mentions the sardine-tin-like buses there that (eventually) ferry you back and forth at the ends of the day.

Let me extol Bride's virtues once again:
* bubble ride directly to Meribel and the heart of the 3V system
* eg. only 2 lifts to the top of the Saulire, 3 and you're on the Val Thorens side
* bubble starts 30 mins before rest of system so you can still beat most folks to the top
* use the ride to plan your day
* bubble ends 30 mins after the rest of system so you can still ski to the end of the day
* use the ride down to recap and unwind
* real French atmosphere
* low altitude (600m) means a good nights sleep and more energy for the day
* quiet location
* easy to get to
* relatively cheap

Okay, it's not suitable for those wanting to get drunk with a load of noisy Brits every night but, hey, that's not 100% of the skiing population.

Obviously, I haven't been yet but it is unfair for people to be hard on a place that they have never been to. There is a lot said about the bubble lift but most places have a gondola ride each morning.

Thanks for putting all the positives on - I am really looking forward to it now; even though its away in March!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jb1970, fair enough. Don't forget to tell us what you think when you have been there. As AlpineAddict says - we all want different things. But there's no point asking for opinions and then screening out those of us who don't like the place. Have a great time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jb1970,

Have a great one. Madeye-Smiley

Keep an eye on those Euros. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BridesLes Bains fully catered by coach this weekend.....and you all know what the conditions are like in the 3Vs at the mo, £199 !

http://www.skiweekends.com/pages/booking/hotel.aspx?HotelID=1&price=199&book=%2Fwebookit%2FTourPackages4.aspx%3FTourCode%3DBLB6dSaW12%26TravelDate%3D20121215%26PaxCount%3D2%26Nights%3D7%26CountryID%3D1%26PDResortID%3D1&searchpage=%2Fpages%2Fskiweekends%2Fsearch.aspx%3FsearchBoxCategoryId%3D31%26pdDeparturePointId%3D8%26startDate%3D13%252F12%252F2012%26searchWindowSizeInDays%3D4%26minNights%3D2%26maxNights%3D9%26paxCount%3D2%26currencyId%3D1%26searchType%3DWebookit_Direct%26pdResortId%3D1%7C13%26autosearch%3Dtrue&departuredate=Sat%20Dec%2015%202012%2000:00:00%20GMT+0000%20(GMT%20Standard%20Time)&nights=7&skidays=6&Board=&searchBoxCategoryId=31&pdDeparturePointId=8&startDate=13%2F12%2F2012&searchWindowSizeInDays=4&minNights=2&maxNights=9&paxCount=2&currencyId=1&searchType=Webookit_Direct&pdResortId=1|13
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy