Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski film nominated for Oscar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
'Sister' - Swiss entry for Academy Awards' Best Foreign Language Film Bescancon-born director Ursula Meier draws on childhood memories of a classmate in her ski lessons for this tale of a 12-yr old living between two worlds: ski resort and industrial valley town. Parentless, Simon (Kacey Mottet Klein) provides for himself and flakey older sister Louise (Léa Seydoux) by pilfering from tourists and selling the spoils in the valley below....

The mood lightens when he's rumbled by a seasonnaire chef (played by Scottish actor Martin Compston) who tries to get in on the scams, but it’s when the boy comes to the attention of a wealthy visitor and mother (Gillian Anderson) that the yearning for parts missing in his life are clear to see.

This is the story of a child trying, literally and figuratively, to go up in the world, told through beautifully understated cinemetography. Moving, funny, and in French (with English subtitles). In selected cinemas across the UK from 26 October. For details see http://www.facebook.com/SodaPictures/app_148982881840204

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 31-10-12 8:47; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2062969/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
here from Amazon.fr

http://www.amazon.fr/LEnfant-den-haut-L%C3%A9a-Seydoux/dp/B007X8LLDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351612686&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21

would this version have French sub-titles available? I find it quite hard to follow French dialogue in films but I don't want it with English sub-titles. It sounds well worth watching, unlike most ski-related films.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, yes, that version from amazon.fr will have French subtitles for the deaf.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
miranda, thanks. I think I'll get it - would be good for my French.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder whether this will be made available on DVD with English subtitles? Has anyone seen it yet?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
here from Amazon.fr

http://www.amazon.fr/LEnfant-den-haut-L%C3%A9a-Seydoux/dp/B007X8LLDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351612686&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21

would this version have French sub-titles available? I find it quite hard to follow French dialogue in films but I don't want it with English sub-titles. It sounds well worth watching, unlike most ski-related films.

Thanks for the link; I ordered it from Amazon.fr and watched it last night-- a really good film. Very unusual take on ski resort culture...and a moving observation about a family relationship.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd really like to see this, but am too mean to get it from amazon.fr. Embarassed Presumably we'll be able to see it in this country at some point?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica, Send me a PM with your address and I can lend it to you! Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Julieanne, aw, that's really kind, but the post is so hopeless at the moment, it'll probably get lost. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedantica, hmmm...well-- if you can think of some other way--the offer of a loan is still on! I rarely venture south from where I am -- but maybe we can arrange something! Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Julieanne, don't worry, I shall just be patient and wait for it to come out here.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedantica, ok...but let me know if you are in my neck of the woods--(maybe Hemel snowdome? I've been intending to go for a slide there sometime anyway!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy