Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Webcam

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a link to an up to date webcam for Flaine? All the ones I have found are either not working or are out of date. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.flaine.com/en/winter/webcam-en-winter-7.htm

Does say some of them are under maintenance though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that FIxx. I had only been able to see the one for the panoramic - and think this is a picture from the beginning of November. First time I've seen a photo on the platieres area and I had not even noticed that it said that the webcams were under maintenance. Just hoping that there is plenty of snow on its way for when we arrive on the 15th December.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think Flaine updates its webcams until the start of the season (or snowdepths / weather) - after all, you can't ski there until then and if there aint much snow on view you'll only worry about it....... It'll be fine, always is.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks billb - have to admit, getting a bit tense as to how much snow will be around. Have never booked for this early in the season - but work meant that this was the only opportunity to get back to Flaine for the first time in 3 years. I'm sure everything will be fine and just like looking at the webcams to remind me of what I have been missing out on. Roll on the 15th. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If snow Forecast is to be believed Flaine are expecting 50cm in the next few days. http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Flaine/6day/mid
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lets hope they have got this right. I have now become an obsessive 'webcammer.' snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the grand massif site you can get a Samoens webcam that you can just see over to Grands Vans and beyond - hopefully see the storm next week on it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mishmash, What storm is this? Is the snow arriving?? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mishmash wrote:
On the grand massif site you can get a Samoens webcam that you can just see over to Grands Vans and beyond - hopefully see the storm next week on it!

Can anyone make out what this says on the ground?

http://www.webcam-hd.com/grand-massif_samoens-tete-des-saix.php Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it says je t' aime someone.....

Re storm, I've been looking at this which I think looks hopeful!

http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/grab_gfs.php?lat=46&lon=7
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Mishmash, thanks for the info. - but, would be great if I had the faintest idea of what I was looking at! Could you give me an idea of what it is I should be looking for on the graph.?

Hope this storm puts a good amount of snow on the ground snowHead snowHead snowHead
Think I'll be glued to the webcams between now and when we arrive - my favourite so far is the view of the metal post Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 25-11-12 17:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It s representation of 20 different computer simulations for weather in the coming 2 weeks plotted as temp at 850mm pressure (c. Ski resort height) and precpitation plotted as mm. Seems to say drop in temp coinciding with precip in coming days as born out also here:
http://france.meteofrance.com/html/redirection.html?page_source=france/montagne
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Mishmash - still a bit of a mystery to me - so I'll think I'll leave it to the experts. Just keeping fingers crossed that it snows and snows snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
well it seems to be working!!
ski holidays
I'm not sure which is worse - looking at the webcams and seeing little snow or looking at the 'grey' images and not being able to see what is happening!!! I'm just hoping that when it clears everything is white.

Looks like when this snow has finished falling there is more forecast for the beginning of next week snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
I've been told there us snow down to about 900m, not much but enough to cover gardens....
ski holidays
Thanks BenAS - any idea what that means for the slopes? I'm presuming that more would have fallen between 1600 - 2500? Just hoping this is the start of some good snow weather and that the slopes will be in good condition down to resort level by the time we get there on the 15th. Fingers crossed snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
slog67, If you are going for opening in Flaine, you do realise that not that much will be open in the first week Puzzled They will have the cannons running in flaine before it opens, so resort level will be ok, probably quite a few stones, so be prepared for a bit of damage. Often only the dmc will be running and not aup de veran, and due to the holes in the limestone and the snow bridges that have to form the aup de veran sector will most likely be shut. If it is open then usually only the blue all the way down from the top of the gondola will be open. Saturday / sunday will be v busy and then monday usually very quiet and will be like that until the next weekend when the rest of GM opens. If snow is really good they may open gm a little earlier, they have in the past.

There will still be lots to ski, but hope you like doing the same run a few times. Friend in les carroz this morning (while organising the plumbing!) said it was snowing lighly in the village, but the snow was rather wet. If its like that, there will be quite a bit more in flaine. (all faces north so much colder)
latest report
carroz- thanks for the info. I don't think I knew what to expect to be honest, but this was the only chance of getting some skiing in. We will be fine doing the same runs - we are all intermediates who are looking for some leisurely skiing.

Just a couple of questions - If only the dmc is running, does that mean all of the pistes to the left of it (as you look at the piste map) will be open or only some of them? What are the chances of the petit balacha running( so the kids can regain their ski legs before hitting the top of the mountain)?What is likely to be open in the way of shops (for food) and restaurants while we are there?

Here's hoping they open aup de veran - I quite like the long blue run snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
slog67, As you look at the piste map only some of the runs to the left of the dmc will be open, some the the reds will not exist yet, faust will open, always does, but maybe not to the base, but the blues will be open, the runs get easier the further left you go. The drag should be running. Sorry don't know about shops / food, as don't ever stay in Flaine, only drive there at beginning and end of season. There is a reasonably large spa shop just before les carroz on the way up the mountain if you are driving and a shop just after the top of the col. If snow is ok aup de veran will open, but just for the blue.

Have just been talking plumbing again, conversation er drfited to snow....in few words....lots more and still snowing gently Very Happy
snow conditions
carroz, Let's hope they get the new lift running up the Aup de Veran, Any news?
ski holidays
Cheers carroz - we are getting transferred in as we are flying in from the Gulf and then on to the UK - so hopefully the little Spar shop in Flaine will be open. Hope the plumbing is coming along o.k. and it's not one of those sharp intake of breaths when they tell you how much it is going to cost. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
gsb, I am told it should be ready

look here

http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index?/category/78-nouveau_tc_aup_de_veran/start-200
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy