Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Huge price differences

Poster: A snowHead
Just browsing the web for a couple of thin over the head fleeces for lounging around the house. Saw a Trespass one for £13.99, £12 if you bought two. Free delivery. Ideal. Same price(ish) on Amazon. Snowinn.com - £31.95. Shocked Puzzled Do they seriously expect people, in this day and age with Google etc, to be daft enough not to shop around and pay their inflated prices. I was truly gobsmacked.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Awdbugga, I honestly expect Ebay to become the definitive selling-price website in 10-15 years. Best if not lowest price online retailer for general stuff.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
so long as enough buy, then yes they will continue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You're overpaying. They cost about a fiver at Decathlon
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ebay & if you dont mind cheap chinese stuff & slow delivery time. alliexpress.
I purchased a USB telescope yesterday. cheapest on ebay/amazon was £15 - Alliexpress was just over £7!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Awdbugga, SnowInn and all of the ‘Inn’ family put place holders on their website and then seemingly forget about them, hence the high prices. Occasionally when a new kit website announces a new product it will only appear on US websites and SnowInn with an Unavailable tag.

Amazon also have massive price ranges, so something that is nominally £10, will be £11 or £12 with Prime, but will also appear up to £20 or £30 more. I’ve also seen specific tools which are say £30, have listing in the hundreds. I guess there are some pricing algorithms and listing volume discounts at play.

I’ve bought items off Amazon which have doubled in price from the same seller the next day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have come to conclusion with Amazon that if a product is new or close to being a Best Seller, they will discount heavily or put an offer on it to sell enough to get that Best Seller tag or get higher in search listings, as the leads to more sales. Exactly like your lost leaders in supermarkets designed to get you in the store. Great if you can catch them Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, interesting thought...but when searching on Amazon or clicking on the item do you really have any idea about the seller and there 'store'. I dont but maybe others do. I search and look at several offers for the item and go for the cheapest including postage unless there are poor reviews. I never take any notice of who the seller is
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is a useful website for tracking price changes on Amazon. Simply add the URL of the item you are interested in and it will show the price history. You can also set an alert so if an item you are interested in falls below a specified price you will get an email notification.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
@NickyJ, interesting thought...but when searching on Amazon or clicking on the item do you really have any idea about the seller and there 'store'. I dont but maybe others do. I search and look at several offers for the item and go for the cheapest including postage unless there are poor reviews. I never take any notice of who the seller is

No and not what I was saying, my theory is they are after the “Best seller” tags against their product. This is based on watching and item intending to buy but waiting for one reason of other. Then price jumps hit it was now a “Best Seller”
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, ah..I was responding to the loss leader point. A loss leader only works if people stay in the store and buy more. The best seller tag on Amazon won't get that result. So the seller reduces the prices and gets best seller status and sells those of that item but nothing else. Amazon's model is certainly to sell products themselves and undercut other sellers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@NickyJ, ah..I was responding to the loss leader point. A loss leader only works if people stay in the store and buy more. The best seller tag on Amazon won't get that result. So the seller reduces the prices and gets best seller status and sells those of that item but nothing else. Amazon's model is certainly to sell products themselves and undercut other sellers

The loss leader is for those future sales theey will get from being tagged as a Best Seller (is my assumption). Obviously don’t have access to actual sales figures.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, yes..but what I am saying is does anyone really notice who the seller is for next time...or do you think people do so having had a good deal once will seek out products from that seller? Best seller tag isn't necessarily the cheapest especially with postage so each product has to live or die on the day
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, my suspicion is that with the general sheep mentality seeing it as a Best Seller will make people more likely to select and it raises it in the search listing for a product type / name. Precisely because people don’t tend to notice / cad about the seller underneath that this works
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ wrote:
...seeing it as a Best Seller will make people more likely to select ...
Is this on Amazon? Don't think I've ever noticed that.
snow conditions
Yep on Amazon. I have noticed they are always in first few returned and suggested when looking at competing similar item.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy