Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baselayer leggings 3/4 or full length?

Poster: A snowHead
Pondering a purchase and deciding between 3/4 and full length. I've always had full length in the past and never had an issue, but I'm attracted to 3/4s to prevent an unecessary extra layer in the boot. Are there any disadvantages to a 3/4?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apologies, just discovered the search function. This has already been covered here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81720

Consensus seems to be only put socks and legs in ski boots.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been investigating this thouroughly and now have a selection which I'll be using in a couple of weeks, I'm going to do a review on my blog. I've tried them for general comfort at the fridge but that's not a real test of warmth.

In a nutshell..

hagloffs 3/4 are very much a base-layer rather than insulation
Ortovox 3/4 (see snowshepherd) Warm merino wool, snug fitting
RAB 3/4 : in between a fleecey mid layer and a base layer. Close fitting.
Sweet Protection 3/4 : almost a mid-layer fleece.

I'll probably be wearing the Sweet protection as a mid with one of the others underneath depending on conditions. I'm wearing them with Helly Hansen Odin shell salopettes.

I much prefer 3/4 over full length, as I always rucked them up around my calf, I find anything other than socks in my boots is a recipe for pain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just cut yer Ron Hills off below the knees. Custom fit is the way to go.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I prefer 3/4 lengths, I use Skins which for me do seem to work well. My view is let the socks do their job properly for proper boot fitting & don't get any extra clothing in the way, so yes, socks and legs in ski boots only!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I prefer the full length fit. I have no issue with the overlap with the sock as i feel that i get more out of having the compression on my calf too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
justatheory, 3/4 Icebreaker 200's for me, sit just above boot cuff, perfect.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, And use the offcuts as a makeshift headband and neck buff eh? wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just as an aside. I've a pair of 3/4 length Icebreaker GT 260 bottoms (courtesy of Sportspursuit) which I'll be wearing under a pair of Marmot Goretex Pro Shell trousers. I've worn similar before but only at Easter. I do feel the cold and am bit concerned whether I'll be warm enough at the PSB and in February.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 - I've just ordered a pair from Edge & Wax, £32 in the sale Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
justatheory, Good man, great deal that btw
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29, nah, sell 'em on ebay as "Salomon Ski Cuffs, essential transit protectors" £45 a pair. wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sport Pursuit have the Sweet Saviour 3/4 pant on offer atm.

www.sportpursuit.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have 3/4 2XU leggings and 3/4 length cycling bib knicks. Both designed to keep my knees warm in cooler weather. Great for running and cycling in.

Paired with a top that is moisture wicking and drapes low enough to cover the front and rear, it’s perfect for those days where it's too warm for full-length leggings and too cold for shorts alone.

Worn in a dignified way, anyone can wear 3/4 leggings.

It’s got nothing to do sexuality either despite ignorant belief.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
@Tom Doc, might be a BOT. 1st post on 7 year old thread and writing about cycling and running. Ermmm
ski holidays
Cycling, runny and sex....
latest report
pam w wrote:
Cycling, runny and sex....

@pam w, split-crotch leggings eh, 50 shades of fleece? Shocked

I can see the many practicalities . . . but euw!

Pam, me old fruit, the time clock on this forum seems to be 'locale' sensitive and I'm a bit 'squiffy m'sen (been to a Hen bash . . . I really have to stop being so "british" that young women trust me . . . Or more likely they think I'm too decrepit to be dangerous rolling eyes) But I think you might want to 'temper' the pre-dinner' cocktails Toofy Grin
latest report
Runny sex?

I'm in.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy