Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'oulx where to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked flights to Milan as they were perfect timing for a short break in March and am hoping to go to Sauze for four days but am finding it hard to get a hotel for 6 of us. Any sugggestions?
Or does anyone have any suggestions to another Italian resort within about 2 1/2 hours drive of Milan Melpensa?
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in Hotel Martin, I would have to say avoid, not great at all
Jouvenceaux is about a mile from Sauze, you might hotels there,

most hotels in Jouvenceaux 5-10 minutes walk to lift, so handy for skiing

Jouvenceaux has a small amount of bars and one or two restaurants , limited nightlife
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Dublin 2 but sounds a bit quiet for 6 lads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why Milano and not Turino if you wanted to ski Sauze?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
maddness, Four of us stayed in Hotel Gran Baita in 2006 http://www.granbaitasauze.it/. Just up a side street but close enough to the centre to stagger home from the Cotton Club. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You have lots of choice within 2.5 hours of Milan. Courmayeur is highly rated for short breaks, enough skiing and good bars and restaurants. I like it for off piste but it certainly has enough piste for a short break. Any of the Monterosa towns are within range. Courmayeur has more going on at night. Monterosa is quiet, but it has some of the best skiing in the Alps. You could go to Cervinia and enjoy skiing in Zermatt too. Or in Switzerland you could go to Andermatt in just over 2 hours. The skiing there is great. The train over the Oberalp Pass to more skiing in Sedrun and Disentis leaves straight from the village. I guess I would have to recommend Courmayeur first, with the others following in no particular order. I wouldn't say anywhere within 2.5 hours of Milan, including Sauze, has the best nightlife in the Alps, but you should definitely be able to have plenty of fun.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've also stayed at the Gran Baita. Nice place, warm welcome, but very, very thin walls! Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Carlos the Slackal, Sorry. I did try to gag her but she wouldn't bite the pillow Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maddness, you might find that the problem is booking for just the 4 days, especially if they span two standard weeks. Maybe nearer the time, if they have a lot of vacancies, they might not be so choosy!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wouldn't recommend Jouvenceaux personally; seemed a bit like it was out on a limb from what I recall.

My OH and I stayed in the Miravalle in Sauze. was a good stay, not too expensive either.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I managed to find a hotel in the centre which is cheap and looks just about ok. Hotel sportina.
Thanks for all the replies.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone know if there will be any atmosphere/nightlife in Sauze the week after Easter or is it too late in the season?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends what you are looking for. If you want a ski-in ski-out small rustic chalet type hotel at the top of the mountain, with fabulous Italian food, and incredibly friendly hosts then check out Ciao Pais (www.ciaopais.it). I've just come back from my 4th visit there and have already booked for next year. If you want to be in town for the nightlife and shops then it doesn't fit the bill.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mental, thanks for the tip.

I know nowhere is going to be lively at that time but just wondering will Sauze D'Oulx have a bit more life or am I better staying higher so less lifts needed to the better snow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dublin2 wrote:
I stayed in Hotel Martin, I would have to say avoid, not great at all
Jouvenceaux is about a mile from Sauze, you might hotels there,

most hotels in Jouvenceaux 5-10 minutes walk to lift, so handy for skiing

Jouvenceaux has a small amount of bars and one or two restaurants , limited nightlife

hi there - we were thinking about booking the martin = what's it like - we are family with two children who will be 13 and 15 when we go in dec - not really bothered about partying - although kids may have other ideas! cheers Laughing
ski holidays
I'm in the Hotel Martin now, can't recomend it enough. Any questions just ask
snow conditions
hi - hope you are having a great holiday Laughing

i understand the martin is near to the clotes chairlift - is there a nice route down to the hotel in the evening - have seen conflicintg reports about this route being very steep? the reviews I have seen on the martin compliment the food? also, i understnad there is a transfer into town a couple of times a week intp sauze - is it possible to walk back?

cheers Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Mike SWest, Excellent to hear. We are staying at the Martin next Sunday and absolutely can't wait!
snow conditions
zarazag, We have had a great holiday and don't want to go home tomorrow.

The Clotes lift is the one up from the main town. Hotel Martin is 2-300 meters from the Jouvence aux lift (9). It is up hill from the hotel then down to the lift so both ways you have a hill, but they run a shuttle up and down for 5 euro's a week which we found worked very well. The bottom of run 12 has been shut this week but you can get back down the Gran pista which was ok for our 2nd week daughters and just ok for our 1st week friends by the end of the week. (Note you can get the JouvenceAux lift back down if you want.

It is a very steep walk into town, we did it the first day and found it hard work, though the walk back is ok (via the grave yard is the short cut). so if you want town every night probably not the best place, but Max ( the owner) will give you a lift up every other night after the meal. We had a good group in the hotel this week though and even with the free lift up all the 20 something’s decided to stay and drink in the bar. We also found the bar area lovely and friendly. The rooms are not that large and fairly basic, but clean and always warm.
The food has been excellent all week, Max I’m told runs a very popular restaurant in the summer.

Christina1, Sure you will love it, will give some advice on runs later.
ski holidays
maddness, if you just want somewhere to stay and are after nothing fancy, then http://www.villacary.com/ fits the bill.

I'm recently back from a stay there (group of 8 lads) and the hotel is absolutely fine. About 5 mins walk from the Clotes chairlift, near the busy bars etc. Hotel is basic, rooms are on the small side but perfectly fit for purpose. The hotel owner Marilyn in English and couldn't do enough for you. And it's excellent value with b&b less than €40 pppn, single rooms available without supplement.

Short breaks not a problem out of main season.

Loved Sauze. Never been there before but will be back for sure.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy