Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you turn, but not by carving, jumping or skidding? Truly? How much of the turn?

Poster: A snowHead
Well, we need to know!

And how do you do it?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-10-05 14:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stepping ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kick turns anyone?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fall over. Swivel hips and skis into opposite direction. Stand up again. Ski in straight line.
Repeat as required. Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have never turned (the high heels were just a phase I was goiing through), I quite like to carve with beef being my favourite, I like a jump, but not keen on skidding.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hip checks - so much fun in powder - as long as you don't mind a bit of snow down your trousers. Not to be recommended on avalanche prone terrain!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I blow hard and the force of the air coming out creates an envelope of air around me which trys to push me in the opposite direction to that which I am sliding. I therefore have a choice of techniques by which I then make the turn but mainly I turn my shoulders and chest a little and let the air friction turn me. This is obviously a very basic technique so I apologise for boring anyone .....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Adam Holt, Seems obvious now you mention it. Similarly if you channel your farts down your leg it makes for an excellent and cheap foot warmer.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, I was going to bring up the subject of fart utilisation but you see I didn't want to steal everyone elses thunder ....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't ask me how I turn because I don't know.... I am just a natural skier wink Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Adam Holt, drumrollsmiley.................
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As a regular practitioner of tantric skiing*, my turn technique relies not on anything as prosaic as physics but more metaphysics.

*day-dreaming about skiing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TUNRS??? I ski in straight lines Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tin-opener turns are good in flattish breakable crust.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
worm turns
snow conditions
I've had a funny turn before now.
ski holidays
If you close your eyes and pray, that sometimes works...
snow conditions
I hover a fraction of an inch above the ground using anti-gravity. Kind of messes up the downhill aspect though.
latest report
You can also turn by jetting and kangarooing.
latest report
flicksta, you need directional AG. It's great in races when your personal coefficient of gravity exceeds 9.81 m/s^2 wink
snow conditions
I pretty much carve all of my turns. I do it by transferring my weight from my inside to outside ski.
snow report
Yes!
I have done swivel turns on the top of a mogul. I have also resorted to dragging one ski pole when testing out slalom skis at SG speeds (not reccomended).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy