Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White out/low light glasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't like wearing goggles, much prefer glasses. Just wondering what type of lenses you would recommend for white out/low light.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2waterford, Either Persimmon or Hi Yellow would be good. I personnally prefer the hi yellow and have a pair.

However if the sun starts to come through you really need to change them. Theres a thread or two on here about it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Usually aldi carry a pair of glasses for sports with interchangable lenses, one of which is yellow. Cheap as chips and perfectly adequate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oakley persimmon for low /flatlight . for white out only goggles will do hi intensity yellow oakleys.the new canopy goggles have excellent vison
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vipul, can you get those canopy goggles with interchangeable lenses?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm. Judging by a review on amazon, changing the lenses on the Oakley Canopy goggles is very difficult. Having successfully battled with contact lenses I am minded to treat myself to some nice new goggles to take advantage of my improved field of vision, but changeability of lenses would be important - I'd want a hi yellow lens of poor visibility, and something for bright light too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From experience I tend to go with googles in flat/low light even though I own sun glasses with interchangeable clear and low light lenses. This is because the temp tends to drop in such conditions and I think the additional wind protection is worth it in such circumstances. As Bones implies, having both googles and sunglasses also allows as hassle free change when the light is changing back and forth.

I still hit the invisble mounds all too often tho' ......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RattytheSnowRat, +1

Not wearing goggles on cold flat light days is as crazy as a bag of cats.

Do it, it'll keep your face cosy.

I wear Anon Hawkeye goggles. I have the Green Solex lens for bluebird and the Blue Lagoon lens for flat light. Dead easy to swap lenses! Although the Blue Lagoon lens isn't half bad for bluebird too, so tend to just use that one, especially if skiing in the shadow of the mountain a lot.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would second the above comments about wearing goggles on flat light / white out days. In my experience those wearing glasses on these days end up taking them off / them falling off / them getting snow on the inside, rendering them useless. I took me a while to get used to goggles but it is worth the perseverance as with a decent pair you will always have good vision (relatively) and a much smaller chance of them flying off if you take a slam. And your eyes wont be streaming at the bottom of a bit of straight lining!

The Dragon range has a gzillion lens choices for all types of light. I carry an ionized for bright conditions and either a yellow or amber for the flat light days. One other bit of advice for snowy days: don't take your goggles off and put them on your head. Ever! Well not until you are in the bar Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy