Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Flashmob London - Must Be Stopped (and it was!)

Poster: A snowHead
chaletgirl wrote:
Is the 'flashmob' thingy an advert for ESF or being anti English To's offering free guiding?

It's the former but, to those TOs embroiled in the legal case, it must feel like the latter.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller wrote:
chaletgirl wrote:
Is the 'flashmob' thingy an advert for ESF or being anti English To's offering free guiding?

It's the former but, to those TOs embroiled in the legal case, it must feel like the latter.

Fair point. Let hope they have applied for the relevant permissions then!! Very Happy Laughing

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Organising-a-protest-march-or-static-demonstration/1400002380711/1400002380711

Quote:
Organisers of public processions are required by law to notify police AT LEAST 6 DAYS BEFORE the event occurs, of the date, time, proposed route and the name and address of an organiser.

Completion of the form 3175 (to be found in the ‘Related publications box on this page) satisfies the legal requirement to notify police of a public procession under sections 11(1) and 11(3) of the Public Order Act 1986.

6 days is the MINIMUM PERIOD OF NOTICE. Organisers should try to give as much notice as possible.

If you wish to organise a protest march then please return the completed form 3175 to your local police station. These are available to download from this page in either PDF or Word formats.

Quote:
This is particularly important if planning a protest in the area around Parliament/ Westminster which see a large
Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've previously hinted at the suspicion that our skiing mayor ...

Boris Johnson, on a good hair day

... is personally responsible for this French farce, and will milk it for all it's worth.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chaletgirl, Perhaps someone should let the Met Police know about the ESF Flashmob (just in case the ESF omitted to). Toofy Grin
However, I'm sure that as firm supporters of the principle of abiding by the laws of the country in which they operate, the ESF will already have complied with UK Law and notified the Police... wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Revealed: Boris Johnson's ski prang with eight-year-old boy on foggy Italian slopes"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090782/Boris-Johnson-ski-prang-year-old-boy-foggy-Italian-slopes.html

Don't let this man involve himself in anything to do with skiing. To adapt Swiller's opening heading "He Must Be Stopped".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
chaletgirl, Perhaps someone should let the Met Police know about the ESF Flashmob (just in case the ESF omitted to). Toofy Grin
However, I'm sure that as firm supporters of the principle of abiding by the laws of the country in which they operate, the ESF will already have complied with UK Law and notified the Police... wink

I can post a link to this thread? Very Happy Very Happy Someone might be interested!! LOL
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chaletgirl, I dont think you need permission to post a link Very Happy Get on and do it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
chaletgirl, I dont think you need permission to post a link Very Happy Get on and do it Toofy Grin

LOL

Its only to a bike forum but there's a few people on there who may know where to go for info, etc!! LOL

Tis done Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chaletgirl, Thats OK theres a few bikers on here as well...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
chaletgirl, Thats OK theres a few bikers on here as well...

I did wonder if there might be Very HappyVery Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BREAKING NEWS

http://www.planetski.eu/news/4396

Quote:
There are now concerns about the Flashmob event taking place at all given the negative reception it may receive. Some British skiers are even calling on protestors to come out and demonstrate against the ESF.

Quote:
We have now heard that a statement will be issued on Tuesday on whether the Flashmob will go ahead or not.

I can't really see the problem here. William the Conqueror (admittedly he wasn't a ski instructor) just went for it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Comedy Goldsmith, totally amazing potentially almost-breaking nearly-news that. Of course, if anyone were stupid enough to demonstrate against it while in Parliament Square, they would face arrest. Methinks Planetski may be sensationalising just a tad.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swiller, I agree that what's really being proposed here is a 'flashlaugh' in response to a flashmob. Not really a protest. Admittedly you have to bear in mind that a laugh is a protest in the view of some courts and police.

http://youtube.com/v/hI1nPd7hezM
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love going to France, and like the people . I rate the ESF for good and sometimes excellent tuition for my kids once they got above the basics.

However emwmarines, quote above is somewhat at variance with what did actually happen in WW2 - as in the book " England's Last War Against France - Fighting Vichy 1940 - 1942 ".
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Since the proposed flashmob is neither a protest nor static demonstration, then surely that law doesn't apply? The only criminal thing about this event is the music. I say let them do it – anything to brighten up a grey winter day in London!

Now, that Boris chap, on the other hand... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Zero-G, agreed, just a bit of fun. Be nice if it encouraged more people to think about the possibility of a ski holiday, or perhaps thinking about ski lessons, but I doubt the power of guerrilla marketing is that strong (especially when advertised so much in advance).
latest report
I can't believe people are defending ESF as being 'excellent' for kids. I have seen far too many smoking on chairlifts in the presence of kids to ever reach that conclusion.
snow report
mcspreader wrote:
I can't believe people are defending ESF as being 'excellent' for kids. I have seen far too many smoking on chairlifts in the presence of kids to ever reach that conclusion.
. They weren't employed to teach kids to smoke rolling eyes
ski holidays
Just as well Jimmy Saville wasn't an ESF instructor....
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:
The only criminal thing about this event is the music.
Yep, French music is nearly all criminal. Plastic Bertrand anyone?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Zero-G wrote:
The only criminal thing about this event is the music.
Yep, French music is nearly all criminal. Plastic Bertrand anyone?

It's OK with me, me, me, me, me snowHead
ski holidays
Plastic Bertrand was Belgian !
snow report
spyder_pig, OK, I'll give you that, that's a good point, and it just shows how bad their musical plight is. Who did Joe Le Taxi then? That was surprisingly averagely OK.
snow report
Quote:

They weren't employed to teach kids to smoke

Ah but my youngest passed " making a roll up one-handed on a poma " , failed dismally in the " no filter off piste ". Her sister won the " Marlboro Light Slalom ".

And they also learnt to ski well.
snow conditions
Vanessa Paradis <3
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Who did Joe Le Taxi then? That was surprisingly averagely OK.

http://youtube.com/v/sJrHSfDSm34

shudder
latest report
spyder_pig, if you are happy she's French then she soars to number one. Charles Azenough number 2. The rest of the top ten Marcel Marceau.
snow report
The esf have taken my company to court several times for ski instructing over the years. It was reported on this site some years ago when we finally won in 2006.
They want the British clients but not British competition for those clients and have brought in new rules and regulations which they invent and come up with themselves to make it harder and harder to work there. Despite these difficulties competition has grown and rather than work harder at improving themselves, evolving and adapting to these inevitable changes they would rather stay the same and put more effort into trying to stop others who are only becoming successful due to working hard and meeting and understanding the needs of their clients.
The trouble and aggressive behaviour dished out by the esf, bringing gendarmes on to the slopes to arrest british instructors was a disgrace and i suffered this first hand. So for me this parade of red jackets through London is intolerable. If this parade takes place I urge as many British instructors, guides, hosts and anyone else who has suffered at the hands of the esf to make the effort to go and peacefully protest and make the whole experience unwelcoming and as unpleasant as possible for them.
This is not about being anti French, just anti esf.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

A suitable sign for protesting ?
latest report
The more I read this thread the more I realise what a hero (Swiller) we have in our midst. A former downhiller (he's been going downhill for ages), he's found a new lease of life - standing up for the simple right of Brits to be shown around French mountains by fellow Brits. This linchpin of the Gap Yah economy must be protected.

As a Londoner I'd obviously welcome nothing more than Parisians showing the French around this fine city, communicating in their beautiful language, and pointing out why we won the Olympics.
latest report
butsie, which company do you work for?
snow conditions
skir67, think this thread has the answers... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38229

Comedy Goldsmith, kind words (i think).
snow report
I always find the French & British attitudes strange, but then again I am neither French nor British. Every European country will accept Level 2 BASI or equivalent instructors or similar to teach. Ok the Italians put a time limit per year but you can still teach. The French however insist on ISTD and all other hoop jumping exercises to comply. You would think giving people the choice of ski schools would allow them to bring more money to the village via hotel stays, food and drink.

On the other hand, the British continue to visit French resorts and complain, the simple exercise of voting with your feet and visiting, Austria, Italy or anywhere else.

But sure if you are all happier complaining then it’s up to you
snow report
I'm currently negotiating with the sound engineer on Parliament Square to switch the music to Tom Jones' 'You can leave your hat on' and 'Sex bomb'.
ski holidays
SENSATIONAL BREAKING NEWS SCOOP FROM PLANETSKI

http://www.planetski.eu/news/4403

ESF cancels London flashmob
snow report
This from the Pull-Rouges Facebook page,

Quote:
Bad news: the flashmob planned Thursday in London is cancelled :
The Union of the monitors in accordance with France mountains, made this decision this morning following a campaign anti-ski schools French that developed in England, led the questioning of a tour operator English before French courts for acts of ski guiding (in other words, illegal instruction). Given the context, the Union considers it preferable not to hold the Flash mob that could be deemed provocative, but hopes to be able to organize the next season...
ski holidays
Fattes13 wrote:
You would think giving people the choice of ski schools would allow them to bring more money to the village via hotel stays, food and drink.
A common complaint from resort people is that us Brits buy slabs of beer etc and the weekly shop down in the valley and stay in every night consuming it all. Or we're holed up in fully catered chalets where, again, the stuff has been bought down at the hypermarket. Then there's the home made sarnie brigade to save dosh on the mountain. So the resort establishments feel like they are seeing relatively little custom compared to the hordes that show up. But then they need to consider affordability, service etc.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
SENSATIONAL BREAKING NEWS SCOOP FROM PLANETSKI

http://www.planetski.eu/news/4403

ESF cancels London flashmob

sacre bleu!
snow report
Swiller reacts:

Bode Swiller wrote:
Fattes13 wrote:
You would think giving people the choice of ski schools would allow them to bring more money to the village via hotel stays, food and drink.
A common complaint from resort people is that us Brits buy slabs of beer etc and the weekly shop down in the valley and stay in every night consuming it all. Or we're holed up in fully catered chalets where, again, the stuff has been bought down at the hypermarket. Then there's the home made sarnie brigade to save dosh on the mountain. So the resort establishments feel like they are seeing relatively little custom compared to the hordes that show up. But then they need to consider affordability, service etc.
snow report
Fattes13, my quarrel - which I tend not to voice too much, because I am not an instructor or would-be instructor and I am a committed francophile - is that it would annoy me if the French were flouting EC law. I say 'if' advisedly, the jury seems to be out on that point. It would be lovely if someone were to take this issue to the European Court. It doesn't look as though any such action will be initiated in the UK, since (as I understand it - I don't pretend to know the entire history, or even to understand the labyrinth of IASI qualifications, so could be wrong) BASI caved in a while back and signed up to the French position.

Of course, simply going along with the French rules may (for some) be the simplest way of proceeding. Soon after we joined the EEC, the firm for which I worked - which already had an established office in France - was faced with a requirement, which we thought was not actually required by European law, that at least the partners in the office should qualify as French 'avocats'. After some moaning, we went ahead and complied with the requirement, it was just the easiest thing to do.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy