Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Flashmob London - Must Be Stopped (and it was!)

Poster: A snowHead
rjs wrote:
emwmarine, WSC also suggested that France and Britain should become one country.

Called Great Britain. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman wrote:
rjs wrote:
emwmarine, WSC also suggested that France and Britain should become one country.

Called Great Britain. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If only we could ski like them
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, Welcome back to snowHeads posting snowHead
+3
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, Welcome back to snowHeads posting snowHead

+4

Are you going to storm the SCGB AGM? Will the new CEO let you in?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder if they will be wearing helmets? It wouldn't be a good example for the kids if they didn't.

They should be able to promote their business where ever they want in the eu, so we should have posters advertising a more attractive (but still very restrictive) tax system. Lets bring the French to Britain and then buy up the country when they are in a classic high tax malaise. Classic pincer movement, thank you holllande. Viva Boris
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica and stewart woodward, thank you for the bienvenue.

OVERNIGHT DEVELOPMENTS IN THIS BREAKING NEWS SITUATION:

1. The PR enterprise fronting this outrageous stunt - Atout France UK PR [ Twitter tag @AtoutFranceUKpr and involved with http://uk.franceguide.com ] - appears to have gone quiet since Friday, perhaps enjoying le weekend, unaware of this snowHeadStorm. Twitter activity with the delightful Gabriella Le Breton:
https://twitter.com/search?q=esfflashmob&src=typd

2. Speculation that Parliament Square will be tilted to 30 degrees has been rubbished by a leading civil engineer. There are continuing suspicions that Boris [a skier] Johnson has personally approved the ski-in as a set-up to ridicule les moniteurs. Note the revealing hint in the Twitter feed.

3. As predicted, the long-retired Inspector Clouseau has arrived in London to handle security detail, but he's having to deal with PC Pleb of Downing Street.

PC Pleb, avec Bicyclette de Boris
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Comedy Goldsmith, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Comedy Goldsmith, Welcome back, interesting to see the Twitter stuff, sure the Monday twitter feeds will be a little more busy than over the weekend, it does make me wonder if the BASI did a similar thing in Paris what would the French think of it Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski, thank you!

Clouseau has just informed me that the Twitter image was posted by:

https://twitter.com/skitracer

http://www.skitracer.com

I have asked him to investigate further.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Comedy Goldsmith, while thinking up your next funny, please lend your considerable brain to this: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/13/part/3/enacted - it's all about the Act of Parliament referred to in my opening post. I think the bit about the use of sound equipment would be a good angle, after all, Marcel Marceau was a French ski instructor was he not?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well he certainly didn't work in Aviemore
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swiller, that clampdown on protests, loudspeakers etc. etc. was essentially a response to the late Brian Haw (not a ski instructor) - who spent 10 years opposing war by camping out on the Square. When they evicted him, all his banners and photos were displayed at Tate Britain. Here's a nice little memory of him without his loudspeaker ...

http://youtube.com/v/kC7EOt_5RII&playnext=1&list=PL722156AE62B9115F&feature=results_video
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I remember him. Hopefully it is beginning to dawn on the ESF and their sponsors that a change of venue would be a sound idea.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This just in from Clouseau. Numbers have increased from 200 to 250 instructors ...

http://uk.franceguide.com/15-11-12-22-November-London-s-Giant-French-Ski-Lesson-12-30PM-Parliament-Square.html?NodeID=1&EditoID=242540

... and the stunt includes - naturellement! - an excursion to Abbey Road.

And how it's playing en France ...

http://alpes.france3.fr/2012/11/12/250-moniteurs-de-ski-francais-londres-pour-une-lecon-geante-141870.html
latest report
The unstoppable Clouseau has also been searching Facebook. 'FlashMob France Montagnes' page ...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FlashMob-France-Montagnes/160603630650213
snow conditions
latest report
Quote:

... and the stunt includes - naturellement! - an excursion to Abbey Road.

There's a webcam pointing at the zebra crossing so we can all see it http://www.abbeyroad.com/Crossing

St John's Wood... Hmmmm, not far from snowHeads global HQ.
latest report
Should the ESF guys have a BASI/BORIS qualified guide if they're organizing excursions?
snow report
If this is what London can expect [ESF Flashmob, Sacre Coeur, Paris, 9 December 2010) ...

http://youtube.com/v/RYZoxAokSrA

... then the more that's drunk in that pub the better.
snow report
Shocked I think my appointment with the dentist at mid-day on the 22nd will be more fun.
snow conditions
They gotta be desperate to be promoting like that.
latest report
Pedantica, that video looks like a warm up session for an Inside Out clinic wink.
snow report
Without wishing to mock ... mountain-dwelling persons don't always realise how sophisticated urban life can be.

On that score, I call on Eddie le Eagle to join this flashmob.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Pedantica, that video looks like a warm up session for an Inside Out clinic wink.
That thought did cross my mind too! Laughing
latest report
Taking up Swiller's scepticism, I can guarantee that if all 250 instructors de-robe and run around Parliament Square naked, they will headline all evening TV news bulletins. Forget the 'choreography'.

This would also be a 'flashmob' in both senses of the word.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith,
Quote:

If this is what London can expect [ESF Flashmob, Sacre Coeur, Paris, 9 December 2010) ...

And what a surprise that they are flashmobbing (is this a word)? to that dreadful Barbra Streisand/Duck sauce song that was going around the Alps about 2 years ago.....enough to make you jump off Mont Fort!
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Archers....loose! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some more info from their PR:

Quote:
22 November: London’s Giant French Ski Lesson

12:30PM - Parliament Square

250 French ski instructors take over the streets of London

Flying straight from Grenoble to London, instructors from most of the French alpine ski schools will land on Old Blighty for two hours of skiing fun.

Starting at 12:30PM, on Parliament Square, they will all come together for a specially choreographed tribute they have been practicing for weeks.

From Victoria Station to London Bridge, up to Abbey Road and Piccadilly Circus, the instructors in red will invite Londoners to warm up for the next ski season.

They will also be popping in to say ‘Bonjour’ to the London Assembly with a trip to Potters Fields Park at 2:00pm.

Fun, form, fitness, formidable, friendly – these are the key words for how and why the French Mountains hit the heights!

This event will also be the unique opportunity to speak with Jean Marc Silva, Director of France Montagnes, and Jean-Marc Simon, Director of SNMSF (Association of French ski schools), as well as Simon Atkinson, Director of the ESF La Rosière and Sébastian Scott, Technical Manager of the ESF Aime la Plagne. Join them to be privy to the most up to date information, facts & figures.

Follow us on twitter @atoutfranceukpr #esfflashmob.

For more information or to confirm your attendance, please contact the Atout France UK press office, Pressoffice.uk@atout-france.fr, 020 7061 6635

I'm sure they'll appreciate anyone "confirming their attendance" Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, lets hope they all get bundled into the back of Police vans for an illegal action in Parliament Square.
snow conditions
It should be good for a bit of mullet spotting!!
ski holidays
Before they get "bundled into the back of Police vans" they might enjoy a ride in the (Austrian built) Boris Bubble ...

... despite its deplorable lack of ski racks.
ski holidays
Every winter they welcome with open arms the Brits who mob their mountains. Surely we can extend them the same courtesy? If, however, their dance is accompanied by some vile Eurotrashpop then all bets are off Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:
If, however, their dance is accompanied by some vile Eurotrashpop then all bets are off Toofy Grin

Ah, I can shed some musical light on this. Clouseau (who is, in many ways, so incompetent that I don't know which side he's on) has obtained this leaked video of the preparations. You may recognise the first song ...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xulp0d_repetition-french-ski-lesson-in-london-by-france-montagnes-esf-november-22nd-2012_fun#.UKnjtuRdCN8
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, Sorry I couldn't bare (sic) to watch the preceding advert!
latest report
Shocked that's cringeworthy.
snow conditions
If ESF instructors are as bad at dancing as they appear to be based on the evidence thus far, why would anyone believe they can actually deliver a decent ski lesson?
snow report
That's like saying dance instructors should be able to ski.

You know full well that all ski instructors dance like Frankenstein without the electrics.
ski holidays
Twitter this morning is getting a little bit of interest on the ESF case, funny also people raising the issue of companies doing their own transfers as well which could be another can of worms
ski holidays
Sorry to be a bit 'thick' but -

Is the 'flashmob' thingy an advert for ESF or being anti English To's offering free guiding?

I'm off somewhere to ask about the Parliament Square angle tho - lots of London Police on another 'place' I chat!

Loving the comedy gold Smile xx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy