Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Flashmob London - Must Be Stopped (and it was!)

Poster: A snowHead
"They don't like it up 'em" to nick a phrase from the sadly missed Cpl Jones.

On 22nd November at 12:30pm, 200 Ecole De Ski Francais instructors are planning to flashmob in Parliament Square! It's a publicity stunt of course but I'm in favour of envoking The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 which imposes tight restrictions on peaceful protest in Parliament Square. After Part 3 of the 2011 Act came into force on 30th March 2012, it became a crime to engage in a ‘prohibited activity’ in the Square where a police or local authority officer directs you not to do so. Directions to cease doing a prohibited activity or not to start to do one can last up to 90 days.

I'm certain that anti-terrorism legislation can and should also be enforced in this situation.

If you feel strongly that their stunt is actually some kind of warped peaceful protest connected to the ongoing dispute with tour operator 'guides' then it is your duty to complain to the police (my mate is a Met Police dog handler so I already have the wheels in motion), first of all explaining that you don't like Johnny Foreigner invading our sacred places and taking the p155 in this manner.

I am in London that day so I'll be there filming.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 20-11-12 10:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
While you're making preparations, why not email Nick Griffin too ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope they'll have an accredited London guide with them Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller wrote:

I'm certain that anti-terrorism legislation can and should also be enforced in this situation.

Are you Chris Morris?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
element, my tongue was very much in my cheek.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
200 ski instructors you say? In uniform? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Piccadilly, apparently. I thought the idea of a flashmob was that it happened unannounced and appeared spontaneous. They've announced it and got sponsors on board like Monarch Airlines. Anyway, think it would be fun if those aggreived tour operators made it hot for them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Got me, haha! Blush
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1

Rearrange the following words to come up with a well known phrase

point the missing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 17-11-12 14:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
here's the link to the publicity poster https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A71ECiSCcAEIYlB.jpg:large
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowheads flashmob, 22/11/12 12:30 Parliament square???????
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck to them. Have used ESF over the years and have no issues with them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
emwmarine, but they do have an issue with a smallish British tour operator and they are currently prosecuting a case against them (see other threads for full details). Forget who is right or wrong for a second, at such a time it is the height of arrogance to stage such a stunt in such a place and they deserve for it to go massively pear-shaped IMO.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jean, Paul, Georges et Ringo (et Pierre) sur une passage des zebras
snow conditions
Hello David Very Happy

I'm half tempted to take the afternoon off and march up & down beside them with my indignant placard aloft Toofy Grin

I agree Bode Swiller!
latest report
cathy wrote:
I'm half tempted to take the afternoon off and march up & down beside them with my indignant placard aloft Toofy Grin
but you'd almost certainly get arrested for doing so! Not a great state of affairs is it? I reckon Boris must have something to do with this. He probably gave the OK.

DG? You sure? Certainly has a certain ring about it.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, yes it is DG - he wrote the same comment on fb Toofy Grin

The snowHead martyr - fighting for the rights of ski hosting worldwide...
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
emwmarine, but they do have an issue with a smallish British tour operator and they are currently prosecuting a case against them (see other threads for full details). Forget who is right or wrong for a second, at such a time it is the height of arrogance to stage such a stunt in such a place and they deserve for it to go massively pear-shaped IMO.

No it's not. It is no different to a UK company promoting itself in a Paris trade show. They have a large customer base in London and it looks to be an imaginative go at drumming up custom.

There does seem to be some elements of anti French sentiment on here.
snow report
Morris dancers at the ready....
ski holidays
The English have been beating the French for a thousand years, no reason to start losing now. March them straight to the Tower. Toofy Grin
snow report
Will they all have their own little white flags
latest report
Just make the most of the twitter hashtag on the poster: #esfflashmob

I'm sure enough tweets about the guiding/leading thing could easily hijack the tag
ski holidays
emwmarine wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

No it's not. It is no different to a UK company promoting itself in a Paris trade show. They have a large customer base in London and it looks to be an imaginative go at drumming up custom.

There does seem to be some elements of anti French sentiment on here.

It's specifically a go at the ESF, which just happens to be a French organisation, so not anti-French.

A UK company paying for space to promote themselves at a Paris trade show is of course absolutely normal and perhaps you've chosen a poor example. However, Parliament Square is a place where lots of people would like to do some promotion (a peaceful protest is, after all, just the promotion of an idea or a point of view) but the law stops them and has forceably removed and criminalised many peaceful folks. So, I'd like to know who has allowed this and whether or not it has actually been officially rubber stamped and if money has changed hands.
snow report
Thanks, cathy, and thanks also to the snowHeads call center (sic) in Bangladore which helped me post the photo above. I gather that Swiller made the same call but was incapable of following the instructions.
ski holidays
feef, like it! Toofy Grin

Bode Swiller, I'm betting they don't have permission, either not realising its needed or deliberately, as in, see, you can't just do what you want to in another country, you have to abide with local laws
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, Welcome back to snowHeads posting snowHead
snow report
Just what will this mob be flashing? Lessons on the (very flat and quite grippy) nursery slope? Synchronised skiing on the Green? Tempted to go along to my old stomping ground to enjoy the spectacle Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:

+1
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

+1

+2
latest report
Spyderman, Now get the Fox back wink
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Unfortunately my mate who knows about these things, permissions etc, is in Rio 'offering advice' so I can't help with your questions, I'm sure others may know who to contact...
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Spyderman, Axsman, thank you!

Apparently, a pre-flash flashbash will occur in this pub ...

http://www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php?pub_id=187

... at precisely 12 noon next Thursday, before the division bell sounds (see text) and drunken members of parliament - along with sundry slushNuts - stagger from the premises to vote on the unlikely legislation permitting promotion of French ski instruction on Parliament Square.
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, your country needs you and you return. A miracle. I'm going down the pub to spread the news.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, Booked my tickets....... cleaned my FIS kit........... I'll act as intermediary with MI5.
ski holidays
I'm humbled, Swiller, but hasten to remind you that the annual flashmob of the Ski Club of Great Britain will be held only 6 hours later. This organisation, which has endured two world wars and a public chat forum, can call further votes and resolutions on the day to defend our national freedoms.

Above all, the commanding statue of Sir Winston Churchill will remind the French exactly where they stand and slide on Parliament Square.

Give 'em a bit of stick, Sir Winston
snow report
The legend says that when Albion is threatened by her greatest foe, the old king shall rise to her defence...

Spooky... Shocked
ski holidays
I would love to see the ESF "Flashmob" (bollx...flashmobs are a surprise) disrupted. ESF are at the forefront of trying to prosecute a UK company for unpaid guiding, a service I have enjoyed many times over the years. We are supposed to be in a "unified free trade Europe" and yet the ESF come over here to promote themselves like that. Sod 'em.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The legend says that when Albion is threatened by her greatest foe, the old king shall rise to her defence...

Spooky... Shocked

Really spooky other than Winston was allies with the French in 2 World Wars, his family had extensive French links and he and seemed rather fond of them

"this is one of the most awe-striking periods in the long history of France and Britain. It is also beyond doubt the most sublime. Side by side, unaided except by their kith and kin in the great Dominions and by the wide empires which rest beneath their shield - side by side, the British and French peoples have advanced to rescue not only Europe but mankind from the foulest and most soul-destroying tyranny which has ever darkened and stained the pages of history. "

He was talking about an Austrian, the homeland of which seems to escape the vitiol sometimes evidenced here.
latest report
emwmarine, WSC also suggested that France and Britain should become one country.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy