Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet de Jouvence - Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondered if anyone has experience of this accommodation(Les Carroz in general), found a few references in terms in archives but mostly comments on their build. It would be great to get some opinion or advice from anyone who has actually stayed in them.

All the best.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it is MGM built, then it will normally be run by their management company. This means high end apartments, well managed and cleaned, with good facilities. I have not stayed in these particular ones, but they are all quite uniform. A safe and generally more expensive bet, but when you add in the end of stay cleaning, spa access, and wifi etc, MGM often come out well in comparison to other apartments. If you are driving and book through a company that includes a flexi chunnel crossing (normal cost £400, and really hassle free) then it`s a no brainer wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brother and Family booked CdeJ through Erna Low (with Flexi chunnel) last 2 years. Good std of accommodation, at bottom of (newly refurbished) button lift taking you to Kedeuze Gondola, good pool and associated facilities, generally no problems. Approx. 15 village restaurants between 50m and 750m from your door.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed here in March this year. really nice accommodation. Pool and sauna area great. Nice lounge area with real fire. Ski in/out, although you need to get a button lift (just outside ski lockers) which can be a bit tricky for kids, so we ended up getting the bus (stops opposite) as our group had a 3 yr old and 2 six yr olds who struggled with the lift. The lift operator didnt allow kids between legs either. Short walk into town. Really friendly helpful staff. bread delivery every morning. Apartments well equipped and in good condition. comfy bed. I would definitely stay here again once the youngest in our group can use a button lift! Really liked Les carroz as a resort, nice and quiet for us (2 families) fantastic creperie in town (and i know my creperie's!) couple of bars that are busy enough for a night out. Skiing really good, great access onto the GM, plenty of trees if the conditions on the higher part of the GM deteriate. Loads of runs, would def ski here again. Hope this helps
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Garioch, avoid the new annexe which is chalet de belle pistes, means you have to cross the road to get to pool etc. All th other access is from inside. English channels on tv if you use channel numbers 900 onwards. To get to the ski room go to the car park via the double lift and walk underneath chalet G, its a door in the corner. There is no where to park so if you are driving, so you will need to rent a parking space in the underground car park.

Beds are super kings, and huge. Bread comes from the bakery nearer to town, if you fancy a walk in the morning there is another more rustic version quite close. Chalet C has no lift to the upper floors so its a bit of a struggle if you have tons of stuff. MGM have a deal with ski set who will deliver and collect hired skis, but carroz sports is virtually next door. There is an esf office at the front of the building. The furniture is standard MGM, with the usual not comfy sofa that converts to 2 beds. The apartments are big, but those with a cabin have a room with a window to a corridor, that was going to be outside, but designer decided to cover all the outside walkways, so people can have a good look in as they walk past! If you want to know anymore PM me (top right)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reading this thread with interest as we have booked a week at Les Chalets De Jouvence this season. We have only seen the apartments in summer and they looked well located at the foot of the pistes. The village seemed very nice too.

Carroz - Can one assume that if you book Les Chalets de Jouvence you will stay in the original block of apartments (next to the swimming pool)? Or are the apartments in Chalet des Belles Pistes being rented out under the Chalets de Jouvence name?

It is a pity they are building a second block sharing the same pool/spa as I suppose that will make the facilities more crowded.

Garioch - We have stayed in CGH MGM apartments in other resorts and they are usually very nice. If you are planning to use the sofa bed check whether it is a proper double one or the type with the second part of the bed in a drawer. If the latter I'd recommend booking a larger apartment so you don't need to use it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum,

I wouldnt worry too much about the second block making the spa more crowded, each afternoon from close of lifts we were the only ones in the pool more often than not. Never saw the place busy at all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowymum, They are all part of the same thing, and are brand new for this season. There was a bit of a owners revolt concerning it and they took mgm / cgh to court over how cdej was sold, attempting to stop access through the main building but lost. The new belles pistes are leaseback and part of the same development, however some are quite a bit smaller as are 1 bedroomed. There are 40 apartments basically in original CdeJ and then chalet de belle pistes adds 19, so the pool will become more crowded, we worked out you are adding 1/3 total more people of the current number of people staying if it is full.

The lift operator does allow 2's up if you know them.... wink If there is a big queue for it early (sometimes as there is a french kids vacances place just up the road and they arrive enmasse at times) just walk up, you can cut out the steep bit by walking next to the weather station.

Ring up and ask reception!! and say you don't want to be in belle pistes, it will be nice however as its brand new, so will probably be full of new owners at christmas / new year

The sofa beds in CDJ have a pull out single in the base which is a proper bed and very comfy, its a metal contraption, not like the original drawer thing. The other single is the sofa itself.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many thanks for all the replies and info so far, good advice all round. I am flying in so no worries regards parking etc. Good tip regarding the new apartments, it would be a bit annoying not having the pool on site. Might well take you up on the PM offer for further info carroz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This residence is extremely popular with our clients, mainly because of it's location. Difficult to do better in Les Carroz. It always get booked up really early though so best not to wait if you want to get in there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy