Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sportspursuit - columbia mid layer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy a new mid layer and liked the look of these two:

Therminator II jacket

Description:

Designed for active days in cold weather, this soft fleece jacket features stretch side panels for enhanced mobility and thermal reflective technology to retain body heat.

Features:

Omni-Heat thermal reflective
2-way comfort stretch and breathability
Drawcord adjustable hem
Zip-closed hand pockets
Comfort cuffs
Abrasion resistant chin guard
Center back length: 28”
MAIN BODY: 100% polyester 280g Thermarator fleece
SIDE PANELS: 92% polyester/8% elastane 280g Heat Thermo Stretch

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/columbia/mens-thermarator-ii-jacket-deep-woods-heather

and

OREGON GRINDER JACKET

Description:

The hybrid construction of this warm, soft jacket enhances mobility and breathability to keep you comfortable and agile during your active outdoor pursuits.

Features:

Hybrid for stretch and breathability
Draw cord adjustable hem
Zip-closed chest pocket
Zip-closed hand pockets
Center back length: 27”
100% polyester 415g Monkey Fur

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sports-lifestyle/mens-oregon-grinder-jacket-gravel

Has anyone had any experience with the columbia omni-heat reflective layer as used in the 1 mid-layer i listed?

How does it stand up to the more conventional big pile fleece as used in the second jacket?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomb, Dont know about the first one, but I have a couple of Mountain Hardwear monkeyman fleeces, super toasty warm, comfy to wear and light. The columbia one looks very similar( Columbia and Mountain Hardwear are part of the same group IIRC ) and would probably be as good.

The Columbia outlet shop in Utah, was trying to flog some simliar jackets to the Therminator, and not doing very well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Bones, was leaning towards to second as ive tried the monkey man jacket and liked it!

I'm still curious about the omni-heat technology though.... anyone got an omni-heat jacket????!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't have omni heat but quite a lt of stuff here has similar silvery reflective stuff going on.

My big thick thermal boots have it (they are baffin).

My ski pants have it over the thigh (can't remember make)

I suspect it works to a certain extent.......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy