Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you seem to return to again and again

Poster: A snowHead
Whistler. The year they had the Olympics I went to Jackson Hole and the weather was rubbish, so back to Canada it was the following year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardB,
Banff is great .. someone convinced me to go there a couple of years ago and we had to repeat.
The scenery is just jaw dropping on the drive up to Lake Louise on a sunny day.

I just wish they didn't have so many televisions in every bar so that people end up gauping at hockey highlights rather than rabbiting to each other.

+ free ski hosting every day .. something you could pay a fortune for in the Alps
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RichardB,
Banff is great .. someone convinced me to go there a couple of years ago and we had to repeat.
The scenery is just jaw dropping on the drive up to Lake Louise on a sunny day.

I just wish they didn't have so many televisions in every bar so that people end up gauping at hockey highlights rather than rabbiting to each other.

+ free ski hosting every day .. something you could pay a fortune for in the Alps
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We loved Banff too, not one I can afford to return to very often but certainly I would GLADLY return to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth,

You lucky sod!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kitzbuhel, Hintertux, Cairngorm (but not necessarily in that order)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lilywhite wrote:
Are Sweden. Very Happy

lilywhite, out of interest what do you like about Are? - I was thinking about going but have heard some differing reports. One of the good reports was in a ski mag a few years go along the lines of 'There were so many good looking Swedish girls there that I thought I'd died and gone to heaven'. Although as I'm guessing from your username, that might not be the reason why you like it Razz ).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuarth, Happy

Whistler and Morzine/Les Gets for us.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obertauern and Ischgl
Two very diferent types of resorts but realy like both
Several visits to each
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arlberg, Westendorf and Saalbach.

Edit: Not counting the 'local' resorts I usually ski at.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Garfield,

Ischgl of course ranks quite far up my list

But I'm interested to know what Obertauren has going for it ...never been there .. right up the far end of the Alpes, it always had the strangest looking piste map which always put me off.
Should I go there before my knees shrivel up? or
Should can I go after?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lots of places once, Mayrhofen a few times and Ischgl more Euros than I care to remember. First Friday in March is a tradition.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK ... here's one not many of you have been to!
Damuuls, In the Bregenzerwald.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DrLawn, Place most similar that I have been is Obergurgl
Same grade of runs and size more or less
If the weather turns harsh its easy to get back to the village quickly
Part of the attraction for us is the accommodation which is very nice along with the ski area leads to a gentle relaxing ski holiday

If we get to go to Ischgl we normally go mid March when the weather is usually getting a bit warmer
I'm not sure why we like both resorts as they are very different Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hintertux, probably more than 30 times due to all year availability. followed up by Mayrhofen and St Anton.
snow conditions
This will be the fourth year in a row we've been to Utah - sad I know but then we will ski 9 or 10 different mountains which relieves the boredom a bit Toofy Grin Non price increases on most things has helped the decision, along with the fab powder, empty areas and easiness of it Smile

Previously we have returned to other places twice before, but never more than twice and not usually in sucsessive years.
snow report
Scarver, Ha ha, your right, I don't go for the girls!
I love the views across the frozen lake.
I love the non existant language barrier and the friendly people.
The ski school is excellent.
The food is damn fine.
It is easy to get around on foot and via the buses (which run on time)
It feels safe.
Theres four main areas of varying difficulty.
Lots of trees to play in.
Hardly any people.
The off piste off the backside can be as challenging as you like.
The disadvantages-
Short days early season (but lots of night skiing)
January/early Feb are freezing!
Spirits are priced extortianately. (not as bad as Norway tho) Beer is equiv of most of french alps.
Some flattish sections.
Very Happy
snow conditions
Haute Maurienne
ski holidays
26 straight seasons or sometimes half-seasons here in the PdS. Skied in four continents but never found anywhere else you could ski over 300 weeks without getting bored snowHead . There's even a few tucked-away corners I've yet to explore!
latest report
Another one for 3V and la Tania in paticular. Very Happy
snow report
DrLawn wrote:
But I'm interested to know what Obertauren has going for it ...never been there .. right up the far end of the Alpes, it always had the strangest looking piste map which always put me off.
Should I go there before my knees shrivel up? or
Should can I go after?

http://www.bergfex.at/obertauern/panorama/

Just my quick opinion on Obertauern ......

Very snow secure (probably one of the most snow secure resorts that isn't a glacier resort) this is because it's high - the village itself is around 1700m above sea level. If you plan to drive there - winter tyres.

It's a good "tail ends of the season" resort, good to visit in Dec and is always fully booked up at Easter. Even at these times the pistes are still in good nick and although it's no hard party resort there's still enough people around to keep the apres ski fired up when the night life in other ski resorts has fallen to resemble a night out in Ipswich.

Best suits intermediate skiers and families as there isn't really much in the way of steep terrain or offpiste (when compared to somewhere such as St Anton). Rad skiers with super wide skis would look less out of place at Tamworth.

Here's what a few other people had to say .....
http://www.onthesnow.com/austria/obertauern/reviews.html

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiresorts/resortreviews.aspx/Obertauern
snow conditions
Hinterglemm - been 4 times.

Love the place, and the Goasstall is the best Apres venue (even on a quiet night) snowHead
snow conditions
Les Arcs
ski holidays
Morillon 1100 Smile
Avoriaz Smile

been to Fernie twice and would go back if funds permitted.
ski holidays
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's Val Thorens, but it is more than just the location and skiing, it played a very important part in my life.
latest report
Megamum, now Val Thorens is one place I wouldn't dream of staying in as a matter of choice, except at one extreme end of the season or the other. But it has its uses at those times. And Tignes is the same.
ski holidays
Madonna Di Campiglio, Brenta Dolimites. Back for the third year in a row this year. Always avoided going to the same place multiple times until now.
snow report
sainte foy, lovely quiet slopes it feels like your very own private resort not like the many "m25 " resorts ive been to in the past.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bumps, particularly slushy ones, can't get them out of my system.

snowHead
ski holidays
I'm hooked on Italy at present, love the place. Very Happy
latest report
The Grand Marnier Bar. There's one in Meribel and another in Val D. Grand Marnier pancakes and doubles for €2 who could resist? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Just done a count up as I have a list because I can't remember where I have been and when...
Three valleys 27
Tignes 16
Courmeyeur 8 (its not that I like it for me, it was all school Interski trips)
PDS 5
Flaine 5
Les Arcs 4
Megeve 4
Steamboat 4
St Anton 3
Zermatt 3
Verbier 3
Ziller valley 3
Deux Alpes 3
Milky way 3
Plus a whole lot of places I've been to once or twice, some of which I'll go again like Banff/Lake Louise, Chamonix, Ishgl, Vail and others I will peobably never ski again such as Pila.
And I'll be back in 3V at Meribel in about a month. Its the only place where I can always find somewhere to ski no matter what the weather and snow conditions.
ski holidays
For us it is Lofer in Austria, heading for our 5th trip in a row this year, actually we have never skied anywhere else. This year we do plan to try Saalbach. Lofer fits the bill for us, nice blue runs, good value for money especially when we bring the kids and friendly locals and only 1.5 hour drive from Munich.
snow report
Pedantica, yes, I know that's how many people feel. However, I am sure you and I have chatted to each other for long enough now that you know I have an emotional attachment to it, rather than necessarily for its location, skiing and picturesque qualities. Though I must admit I don't mind it's skiing at all (primarily on bluebird days when I can see where I am going wink ) I like the 'bowl' like quality to the resort shape and the fact that everything comes down to the same generally location. I feel very safe there, I know where most of the runs go and I can find my way around without a piste map, It's a place where I can concentrate on my skiing as I am not worried about a run being too steep or wondering where it goes as I have already done most of those that I am liable to ski on. So yes, I feel a certain thrill when I go round the last bend and see it in front of me, I go there and know I am going to have a good time.
snow conditions
element wrote:
Been to Livigno 6 years in a row now, and have booked a 7th. Love the people, the food, the picturesque town, the snowparks, the trees, the altitude, the bars, the comparitively cheap lift pass and lessons, and the (mostly) speedy, modern lifts. Have visited lots of other resorts, but haven't fallen in love with anywhere to the same extent.

I much prefer the atmosphere of a proper town, not a purpose built monstrosity, but don't like this to be at the cost of poorer snow or sketchy home runs - Livigno balances this quite well. At the minute I'm only able to get away once during the winter, so it's a safe bet, but I'm planning on trying some similar places in Italy and Austria when I get the chance.

Love Livigno, going for our 5th Christmas this year.

snowHead
latest report
Morzine/Les Gets... and would happily go back again this season too Smile

Still not tracked out the PDS (or even close)...
latest report
We go to Banff every year, usually for two weeks, this year for three. Love it and never get bored. ( we also go to Europe, different resorts, but wouldn't miss the annual pilgimage to Banff for anything). I have even learned to love hockey!
ski holidays
PdS (Morzine) as it's very convenient for me - London City to Geneva and an hour up the road with Alpy Bus, also cheap with the weekend lift pass deals they had last year - €40 for 2 days skiing, couldn't beat it...

Chamonix because it just gets under your skin...
latest report
Santa Caterina - skied there 9 times and even went once in the autumn too for walking!
ski holidays
cstreat wrote:
Haute Maurienne

same here
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy