Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you seem to return to again and again

Poster: A snowHead
For me it's Val Cenies I just love the place the prople the mountain The runs Ther restraunts and the company I go with really pull out all the stops
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Espace Killy, Tignes or Val D'isere doesn't matter which just love the space and variety of runs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glencoe. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kitzsteinhorn (Kaprun).

Place I learnt to ski. Although its a 4 hour drive from here, it's a glacier so I often find myself visting around this time of year or when the weather is too warm to ski in other places. They have quite a few new lifts and have opened up a lot more "off the side of the piste" skiing.

Edit: .... and St Anton because it's the best offpiste resort here in Austria.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 16-11-12 13:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oldmike wrote:
Espace Killy, Tignes or Val D'isere doesn't matter which just love the space and variety of runs.

+ 1

And the apres.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Used to be PdS. Now seems to be the Dolomites. Want to go somewhere else though, but I can do that and re-re-re-revisit the Dolomites snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Verbier. At least once a year, second/third week in Jan.

Happily I seem to bump into the same crowd on each trip now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This Feb will be the 3rd time I've been to the 3Vs and the 2nd time in La Tania... Other than that (and excepting the fact I go to a couple of local hills often for no reason other than convenience) I've historically tried to go somewhere different each time. Ended up in AdH twice for some reason, but other than that, always go for pastures new.

Hopefully not pastures, obviously.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Deux Alpes for the simple reason that is where Easiski is. My 8 year old comes on in leaps and bounds every day she has with Charlotte and I need her to work her magic on me so I can keep up with said 8 year old!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonathanemptage, Arlberg, used to be EK but thats just once every couple of years now, Arlberg-addict now. Been trying to wean myself off it and going to Montafon for New Year for brief respite on way home from St Anton, major problem.................been to see doctor and she says its there for life wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
L2A x 9, similar reasons to davkt, my daughter has Easter lessons and we meet up with old friends

Tignes x 6, usual early season cheap trip

Been to a few places twice also
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arlberg and Espace Killy. I was addicted to both areas for many years. This is because of the great snow conditions, the quality off-piste and the guiding available at both. I have finally broken my addictions to both of these resorts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MK and Hemel. Shocked

I've not returned to any ski resort so far, but then I've only been skiing 4 years (and a quick tot up in my head shows that I think I've been to 7 different resorts).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LDA, again, we meet up with friends and it's our "I don't need to trk around to find where I need to/want to be" resort, there's something to be said for knowing a resort well, but also, nice to try new places.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Tania.......... wink

It used to be Zillertal, then Italy, and more recently St. Gervais, which we like very much

Frankly, I just like snow Very Happy
ski holidays
I've been to Kitzbühel twice and I'm planning to go back to Ski Amadé region in Austria. I'd happily go back to Courmayeur, Madonna, Zermatt, SkiWelt and Val D'Isère but I'd probably not bother going back to Andorra, La Plagne, 3V, Tignes, La Thuile or Passo Tonale.
snow report
St Anton

Less frequently: Verbier, Montgenevre, Arabba, Val d'Isere/Ste Foy, La Grave, Haute Maurienne
ski holidays
Ste Foy only missed one year in the last 8 Shocked
latest report
Snowheads?
and Canada...
latest report
Les Carroz - I have done 2 seasons there but have been back every year since. Love skiing in the Grand Massif! Powder days are just amazing but even cruising down on the Marvel to Morillon is just amazing. Try it if you haven't been! Cool
snow conditions
Most frequently visited for me is Whistler.

greg
ski holidays
4 vallees.
snow conditions
italy, italy and.... yes, italy
Marilleva twice
Madesimo 3 times (all short weekend stays)
Pila twice

just love the food and the people!
snow report
Dia_FindTransfers wrote:
Les Carroz - I have done 2 seasons there but have been back every year since. Love skiing in the Grand Massif! Powder days are just amazing but even cruising down on the Marvel to Morillon is just amazing. Try it if you haven't been! Cool

might take a trip over to morillion this season, its only down the road from here but have never bothered with it rolling eyes
snow conditions
oldmike wrote:

+1.

Just counted up and I've been there 10 times in total Smile
ski holidays
Dare not say.
snow report
Heavenly. It is near San Fransisco which I visit to see my brother, and it is just so much easier than the other resorts where you pretty much always have to drive. Not the best terain in the area (that would be Squaw and Kirkwood) but pretty good, esp. if they have fresh snow and they get a bit.
ski holidays
Tignes for variety, easily-accessed terrain, buddies.

Salzburgerland for mellow touring.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Dare not say.

Oh, go on......double dare you wink
snow report
In order of most repeated resorts for me.

3 valleys
Vail
Zell amd see
snow conditions
Hokkaido, Japan
Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales
ski holidays
DB, Kaprun

It may have changed a lot since I was there .. ( before the fire )
I just went for the glacier probably this time of year so it was a bit limited.

But there was one remarkable thing about the village, a bar .. "The Cafe Bar Pavilion" it was the only place open in town and it was like a Tardis there was always more room inside no matter how many people came in.

Its Kitzbuehel for me.
snow report
Only ever repeated one resort and that was la Plagne, although we stayed in Belle Plagne first time the Plagne Villages the second time.

Considering returning to ADH or Val D'isere this winter, but will have to see what deals are floating around when we book. Looks like we'll have to book in the week before we fly out...
snow report
Been to Livigno 6 years in a row now, and have booked a 7th. Love the people, the food, the picturesque town, the snowparks, the trees, the altitude, the bars, the comparitively cheap lift pass and lessons, and the (mostly) speedy, modern lifts. Have visited lots of other resorts, but haven't fallen in love with anywhere to the same extent.

I much prefer the atmosphere of a proper town, not a purpose built monstrosity, but don't like this to be at the cost of poorer snow or sketchy home runs - Livigno balances this quite well. At the minute I'm only able to get away once during the winter, so it's a safe bet, but I'm planning on trying some similar places in Italy and Austria when I get the chance.
snow conditions
eddiethebus wrote:
Dia_FindTransfers wrote:

might take a trip over to morillion this season, its only down the road from here but have never bothered with it rolling eyes

I'm sure you will like it! Smile
latest report
Whistler every weekend (in the winter of course!)
Cypress/Grouse during the week.
Seymour everyday (though not quite as far up as the ski hill) snowHead
snow report
St Anton. No need to justify. Very Happy
snow conditions
Tignes.

That is all.
ski holidays
Are Sweden. Very Happy
snow conditions
I've been to Banff 3 times in the 10 years I've skied! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy