Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Lords no more. What would be their closest equivalent?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've hired a pair of Lords for the past two seasons. From what I gather they have been discontinued. I really enjoyed skiing in them compared to the salomon gc equipe race which I bought some years ago. I found anything off piste was much more enjoyable and on warm days on piste was too. Have Salomon made a replacement? If not, what would be the current ski with similar qualities? Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ibex, Vested interest alert.!!!

Try looking at the Rocker 90, has all the positive aspects of the lord and none of the Negatives. Very close to the Salomon 2012 Ski which is a top class piece of kit, really nice in High speed turns a small rocker for the powder and quick enough under foot to.

Other options similar from the Annecy stable would be the Enduro 800
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont think anything can replace the Lord, buy a pair secondhand.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fattes13, I think the Lords were in the high 80s underfoot with an all wood core. Just checked the out the 90s on Youtube and the Salomon people are saying that they would be a similar ski although not a direct descendant. Sounds good:D

Cynic, Would love to own a pair of Lords but I'm done being charged exorbitant amounts for ski carriage Crying or Very sad
Would consider it if there was some central point like Bourg or Moutiers where I could stash them Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They stopped making the Salomon Ladys too. Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dynastar Legend 85 or their replacement the Cham 87.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, Youtubed the 87 and got an Edge and Wax review. Also sounds good Smile Liked the point about its wide tip floating in the soft stuff even at slow speeds and its comfy ride Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ibex, Sorry my sarcasm too subtle, Lord a ski which at moderate speeds does not do the same thing twice; rent anything else. We had a pair we were convinced they were bent it behaved so oddly straight from the packet and continued to do exactly the same for a month no matter how they were skied or tuned; they even squirrelled a little as placed in their transit box for the new owner.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 20-11-12 14:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ibex, Rocker 90s asFattes13, said!

Has all the things you probably liked about the lords but with even more versatility.

Cynic, as I'm sure you know... loads of skis behave oddly straight out of the box, no surprises there hey!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic, Laughing

gatecrasher, Thanks, good to hear another vote for the 90s Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tordi,
Try the Rockettes Mr Fattes tested them and demanded I arrange for her to have a pair via my deal with Salomon straight away as in she was not leaving without them.

Thankfully one of the nice powerful people at salomon likes my wife and made sure she got a pair saving me Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fattes13, I heard the Rockettes are good. Sadly, this seasons purchase was a snowboard.......no pennies left to add to my ski quiver. Might try some in resort though, just out of interest.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cynic, gatecrasher, are you from the similar school of thought that says hifi equipment has to be 'broken in' before it sounds it's best? (in much the same way that 70's era cars were 'driven in', or whatever the expression was. wink

but in all seriousness, I still have _my_ Lords, and hope they'll last at least another season, but interested to see what their equivalents are. (although I'd hope to move 'up' a notch in terms of performance.

Ibex, the must have made _quite_ a change from a 'race' ski....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The skis in this german test are similar to the Lords .............

http://www.testberichte.de/a/ski/magazin/snow-1-2012/303290.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hamilton, no not as in a "broken in" sense, more that of a tuning issue, the factory tune is just a "roughing out" cut on most new skis, the "fine cut" as it were should really be done or at least checked before skiing the first time.

"Check those bevels!" wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy