Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ouch! - Freestyle video

Poster: A snowHead
http://vimeo.com/53321100
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice video. Laughing

Quick query. I've always thought that riding rails must trash your base and edges. Is this so and if so why do people do it with their own nice skiis?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 'click in' tricks are awesome....and landing for the domino pallets is just off the scale.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, excellent
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, Cos they're pro-skiers with sponsors who just keep them nice skis coming.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It looked a bit dodgy when he crashed near that main road.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice! Loved the 8-bit'ish section of music around 3:30 too!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B wrote:
Nice video. Laughing

Quick query. I've always thought that riding rails must trash your base and edges. Is this so and if so why do people do it with their own nice skiis?

Last time I put the big board over rails I popped off the end and my friend shouted back to me "COOL! Sparks!"
Base was ok but oh, my poor edges... I now reserve rails for my pre-detuned noodle PoS 2nd-hand board with pre-detuned.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Love Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So funny...yet so talented. Are they Finnish? They're all mad up their. Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't normally laugh at people getting hurt but that had me howling. Stupid,funny and very very talented Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're looking for crashes:

http://youtube.com/v/kphpDJEHWy4

Michael B, Rails don't trash skis, they're amazingly strong. They won't Be Nice please! up your bases either. If you can't ski rails you'll catch your edge a lot, that will ruin them if they rip out the ski.

spud, Yeah they're a bunch of Finnish guys, sponsored by Atomic.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rails don't blunt the edges?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scooby_simon wrote:
Of course they do, but they don't break them, and it's not as if these guys are working about carving.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef wrote:
scooby_simon wrote:
Of course they do, but they don't break them, and it's not as if these guys are working about carving.

Hardly blunt them at all, and eventually they will break them.
ski holidays
Having watched that, you kind of wonder how to go about breaking an atomic smoke Twisted Evil
latest report
loved the video! seemed really innovative - the back flip on the palletts was mental

definitely one for the youngsters..
snow report
loved the video! seemed really innovative - the back flip on the palletts was mental

definitely one for the youngsters..
snow conditions
Sweeeet!

So glad I'm not tempted to try anything like that
snow conditions
This is what skiing is FUN!!! Great work by the lads
ski holidays
That'll be me in a few weeks time. Well maybe the first 30 seconds of that video!
ski holidays
rails certainly dont damage the base, and if your hitting street rails you'll already have detuned your edges. Snowboard manufactures make there edges on jib boards with a beveled edge as well so you can keep the edge sharp but not catch an edge on rails and boxes, i would guess that ski manufactures do exactly the same Smile

I hate watching crash video's, dont like seeing what might happen Sad
ski holidays
If we get a decent fall here in the UK this year, I'm tempted to take my park skis up to the skate park Very Happy
ski holidays
eddiethebus,
Quote:

rails certainly dont damage the base

I have numerous pairs of Park skis that beg to differ, there is a reason they use different Petex in the bases of Park skis and put edge armour on them! A slight raise on a rail or a nick can do significant damage to the base of a pair of skis. As a Park skier you just have to learn it happens Blush
latest report
Fattes13 wrote:
edge armour

Lol.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy