Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone travel to Milton Keynes or Hemel Hampstead domes from London and fancy giving me a lift?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says really. Now the season is here i'd like to try to get to either MK or HH once every few weeks to brush up before my hol in Feb. I live in central London and don't have a car so getting to either with my skis is a bit of a nightmare and very expensive. I went to HH today and it was £12.50 return from Euston plus £6 either way to/from the snow centre in a taxi. MK is similar and then of course you have to pay entry so two hours skiing costs me around £55 - not cheap! 

So I was wondering if there are any Snowheads out there who travel to either fridge from any part of London and would be happy to take a passenger? I'd obviously be happy to pay for petrol etc and I'm flexible in terms of when I can go (I work shifts so can go weekdays, evenings and/or some weekends). 

And just in case you're worried i'm fully house trained, very friendly and good with kids and animals! wink

If you think we could work something out, let me know!

Kate Madeye-Smiley

Admin - I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it somewhere more suitable.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I might be able to sometime fairly soon, You don't mention if there are days or times you can't do.
I prefer to go early on weekdays because it is less busy. Normally they open 10am at present, which would mean 9am at my house near Kentish Town, London - or I could pick you up from the Tube (Northern Line).
Not sure at what date they change to opening at 9am.
I did once do the 7am Tuesday opening which meant soon after 6am here!!!!!!!!!! It is very good value (3 hours + free coffee for the price of one normal hour).
I might possibly be able to do next Thursday (22nd).
Tuesdays the first date would be 4th Dec
Have you noticed the November special offer? http://www.thesnowcentre.com/offers-and-events/whats-on-offer

PM me if interested (see send/Read messages top right of page)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 15-11-12 14:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PS You might look at these threads under Snow Events:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92780 - this is this Saturday
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77473
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Katie Smiler, sorry I cannot help you with a lift but myself and flowa get the train when going to Hemel if you want to share a taxi. We usually only go at weekends. Also, hemel are doing all day passes at the moment which doesn't make it any cheaper but does lower the £/hr of skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Katie Smiler, http://www.doodle.com/xz72rbf3ny83vq6m this link on page 1 of this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77473&start=880 should give you an idea of who will be going and when etc. There's few of us who do travel crom central london
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Katie Smiler, My brother and I drive up to Hemel pretty regularly. We live 1 mins walk from London Bridge station. Send me a pm and I'll let you know when we're going next. We go at all sorts of different times so I'm sure we an sort something. Next session will probably be on Sunday 25th AM.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies folks Madeye-Smiley snowball, Paulfender1, you both have PMs.

Elston, thanks, sharing a taxi might be a good way to go but not sure there will be room for three of us plus gear? There was barely room for just me and my skis on Weds rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be heading from Heathrow to Hemel... not central London but cheaper and more convent to get a lift most of the way?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Katie Smiler, we always book a taxi. As semi-regular customers the taxi firm give us a little bit of a discount and they bring a decent sized people carrier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gartcoshyy, thanks for the offer, it would be much cheaper but for me to get from my house to Heathrow would take over an hour so probably not more convenient.

I'm heading to Hemel next Weds, 5th Dec for a 1pm lesson if anyone is heading up there and/or fancies sharing a cab?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy