Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmule on Dragons Den

Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone see the pack on Dragons Den. I think it was blink and you miss it! It did pass the Theo test though!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowmule, yeah I saw it. Good bit of free TV exposure for you. You weren't really expecting an investment were you?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, our main aim was to get it on tv and not look like an idiot. The pitch was well received and good fun, they all liked it. The two lady dragons don't get the skiing thing but both Peter and Theo loved it and both said they would buy one. They felt it was just too niche for investment. Hey ho..Websites gone a bit mad though so just goes to show how powerful BBC tv is.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you get to meet that bloke who looks like Gollum who presents it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowmule wrote:
No, our main aim was to get it on tv and not look like an idiot.
Ah well, one out of two ain't bad (only joking). I think smaller kids would have helped. You could tell that Deborah was thinking they were old enough to sort themselves out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pie Hole, No we didn't get to meet him! They wheel him in after all the editing is done apparently!

Hi Bode, I will tell Kevin that! Deborah's peculiar face was because the skis were on lengths of plastic rollers so they would glide! She thought they were going to fall off! Must say, we weren't totally convinced they were safe ourselves but obviously we didn't tell the boys that!. Although we may have had more airtime.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you post a link please, I'm curious. Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lilywhite, It's all in the username wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lilywhite, www.snowmule.com The Dragons Den link is on the Home page.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowmule, have those prices gone up? I started a thread earlier http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2106245&highlight=towing+children#2106245 but my recollection is that the bumbag device was quite a bit cheaper than £40.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw ya Very Happy

Yeah the lady-dragons wouldn't get the idea of snow mule would they? Its Dad that end up pulling/pushing little kiddles along the flat to ski school while mummy sits with her feet up with a coffee/mulled wine snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kat.ryb, You would get on well with my husband!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, They bumbag is 39.50 and backpack 89 same as last season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Sorry Pam I meant to start the sentence with The not They..I have not had enough caffeine yet.
snow report
kat.ryb, Out of interest, what is the hardest part of the skiing holiday for families..apart from the cost! If there was one thing you could do to make it easier what would it be?
snow conditions
kat.ryb, Sorry, that statement doesn't stack up when you are a single parent mother skiing with your kids, and even when I was still hitched the ex. didn't/wouldn't ski.

Snowmule, My problem with your product is that the parent needs to be competent on skis - unless you foresee the use whilst you are walking - and I've seen the time when we have been skiable distances from ski school. I find it hard enough to make progress on flat ground myself, and I'm only now just starting to master 'skating' on skis, let along to pull kids along too. Yes, I've seen the time when I've tugged them along with ski poles for the odd few yards (which is quick, fast, dirty and 'cheap' alternative!).

I also try not to ski with a rucksack due to problems on lifts and them unbalancing me as I try to ski myself (though I grant that you also offer the bumbag which might provide an alternative). I've skied with my kids now for 7-8 years, and in that time I've learned to ski myself (now a rough and ready intermediate). In that time, yes, of course I've experienced the problem that you've tried to solve and I get how your proposed solution tries to work. However, had your product been made made available to me through the last 7-8 years I'm sorry, but I don't think I would have purchased one. It might pass the Theo test, but, for me, it fails the 'Megamum test'! That said I hope you do have success with it as you are clearly very passionate about it, and have invested a fair amount - on that basis I wouldn't want to see anyone fail to do well.
snow conditions
Megamum, Thanks for your comments! Any feedback is great. While it is doing well in its current form we want to keep ahead of the game and keep looking at other suggestions or thoughts. I ski quite a bit on my own with the kids so I know it is tricky with all the kit and keeping the kids moving. We developed this pack to solve all 'our' issues when skiing with the kids. It just so happened that lots of other people have the same experiences and when people spend so much money on a holiday they want it as stress free as possible.
latest report
To balance the blatant advertising I'd just like to say "ski pole" (again) Happy

I'm out.
ski holidays
stuarth, Sorry if that sounded over the top. Was not supposed to! Embarassed
latest report
"Son, I know you're only 3 but if you don't figure out how to push yourself along or shuffle your skis along, you're going to freeze to death or possibly be abducted by that freaky looking inbred ski instructor over there, OK? Or look at it another way, you're saving Daddy £39.50 which is an awful lot of Daddy's special apple juices isn't it? Anyway, I'm not wearing a bum bag, not even for you so quit the tears and get moving."
latest report
I like it. Skiing with kids means carrying so much clutter that you pretty well need a back pack anyway and I should imagine they love being towed along. That said ours are now 17 & 20 and can damn well carry their own skis!
ski holidays
Snowmule wrote:
If there was one thing you could do to make it easier what would it be?

It's not one i've experienced yet (but will very soon) but a way of carrying multiple sets of skis. I can see a time when I'm going to be carrying my board, two sets of kids skis and the wifes kit while she sheperds two under 6s around.

Watching kids trying to manage two skis, two poles walking up a flight of metal stairs in ski boots in a large crowd is painful - they get pushed, drop stuff, poked with poles and generally have a pretty miserable time.
ski holidays
Kids skis shoved in a rucksack each, board under left arm, wife's skis on right shoulder, wife carries poles. Textbook.
ski holidays
Mr Piehole,

FIFY

Kids shoved in a rucksack each carrying their skis, board under left arm, wife's skis on right shoulder, wife carries poles. Textbook

LOL

Yes, kids carrying skis can be painful, but why on earth carry the wife's skis?

However, IMO if you start carrying kids skis you just start building in bad habits which you might live to regret. If they want to ski they carry their own skis IMV even if it means you all wake up 10 mins earlier to get to ski school on time. They manage everything now, but in the early days I might have taken their poles (which when they are short is not difficult to add to your own. What are very useful on their skis (even now) are those velcro tapes which just keep the two skis locked together - esp, if the brakes are not overly positive at locking them together. Once they are clicking in on the piste then its up to them to get the skis moving - they soon learn how (esp. if you don't pull them), or a ski pole for the really flat bits used to work absolutely fine.
latest report
Wife is (will be) child-wrangling - I just recall this poor kid who was distraught after catching the basket of his pole in the metal grid stairs getting off the finicular under L2A which then fell off and disappered into the machinery while he dropped all his kit trying to unstick his pole.

I agree that kids should get used to carrying their gear and by-and-large they'll want to keep hold of "their stuff", but there is always going to be a time where they're tired and grumpy and won't want to cooperate, and for a quiet life i'll end up carrying all the gear. Maybe i'll just lash the whole kaboodle together with a ratchet strap...
ski holidays
Backpack with board carry, all the kids clutter inside (gloves, spare gloves, buffs, balaclavas etc) pair of kids skis in each hand would work. Kids skis are always fairly light.

Mrs Sideways would need to carry own kit though. If the kids are using poles let them carry their own. If nothing else they will use them to beat a path to the front of the queue!
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
"Son, I know you're only 3 but if you don't figure out how to push yourself along or shuffle your skis along, you're going to freeze to death or possibly be abducted by that freaky looking inbred ski instructor over there, OK? Or look at it another way, you're saving Daddy £39.50 which is an awful lot of Daddy's special apple juices isn't it? Anyway, I'm not wearing a bum bag, not even for you so quit the tears and get moving."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can probably fool the kids, but now Mrs_Sideways is now Mrs Sideways, she expects the full ski carrying service.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy