Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Detune for park fun...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw somebody comment on doing this for their specific park ski.

Is this a regular thing? Being fairly new to the park (can get my 360s and a few rails fine) I have no idea. I'm assuming its about catchy the edge on the boxes etc?

I have a park specific ski so will it therefore come optimised for this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parkesy, Yep stops sharp edges catching on boxes and rails and catapulting you out of the skis.

90 Angle not overly sharp is the norm leaves more time for drinking Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Smile

Is it something that comes as standard? Or is it a techy jo?

Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parkesy, doesn't come as standard but it is only worth detuning them by hand(with tools) if you have sharp(ish) edges (ie new skis or if they have been recently sharpened). However, you can just ski around for a few days and the skis will naturally detune themselves. So, I usually just do this if I can.

It goes without saying that you should not sharpen the edges of park skis if you will be using them on rails/boxes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parkesy, If you really want to to it pick up a gummy stone and run it over the edges after purchase, or just ski on them for a few days on a fairly hard packed piste.

Most park skis are sold with a 90 edge angle from the rack.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13 wrote:
parkesy, If you really want to to it pick up a gummy stone and run it over the edges after purchase, or just ski on them for a few days on a fairly hard packed piste.

Most park skis are sold with a 90 edge angle from the rack.

This. Although you only need to detune underfoot, keep the tips sharp.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pfft. Detune indeed. Man up and do more of this, it'll sort your edges out a treat Smile

http://youtube.com/v/1-VCWUtNm-4
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Some excellent advice.

Serriadh, I watched this a few times before. Bloody brilliant Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Serriadh, That should sort out the edges! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, Couldn't you get from home to work like the above some day - then hit the boss a head-butt when you ski through the front door of the office Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy