Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Let the Idle uniformed opinions start

Poster: A snowHead
Samerberg Sue, I think my German grammer is better than my English wink

I am starting to see the same according to her ski tech she has not skied since Solden and has been in and out of hospital on a number of occasions but this week has been the first time she has had to be admitted overnight.

Bode Swiller, I refer your apostrophy question to my earlier remark Laughing Laughing

briand6868, I never stood a shot with Lara after I prematurely blew a load of snow over here at a training camp
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fattes13, there also seem to be some rumours spreading about "Burn Out" but some how I think that maybe a red herring.

I have had colitis and that is something I would not wish upon my worst enemy (well maybe there is one but who knows! wink ) I was in hospital as well and they were already to whip out my appendix at one point, then someone asked and I was able to gasp out that I had had it taken out a few years earlier Laughing As I had not had the operation in the UK the actual scar was miniscule and they could not see it until I pointed to it! I then had lots of med students turn up to see the lack of scar and an explanation from the disappointed surgeon about neat work and always ask the patient for a history! rolling eyes

I've been reading the reports from her ski tech as well and was surprised by the lack of training comments considering the PR machine was still pushing the Men's Race story.

Shame about you spoiling your chances with Lara, you must be gutted! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So if she's genuinely ill and not fit, why have her PR people been continuing to push the "contemplating legal action to compete with the men" story? Doesn't lend itself to anyone having a lot of sympathy for her, other than as someone who has a load of hangers on poorly advising her on her public profile.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess the reason that no one knows what is wrong with her is because the tests are still being done, they know her symptoms but it seems they are uncertain as to the cause
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kooky, Fattes13, has yet to prove his ability to sire any offspring Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy may not need to worry about interrupting anything Very Happy Very Happy Mind you I'll probably be room sharing with him during the season, so better be ultra careful Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
briand6868,
Quote:

may not need to worry about interrupting anything Mind you I'll probably be room sharing with him during the season, so better be ultra careful

"ULTRA WORRIED" I would have thought Laughing wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

why have her PR people been continuing to push the "contemplating legal action to compete with the men" story?

They are not, she mentioned it in an interview that was filmed prior to Levi and broadcast the weekend I think

Quote:

Fattes13, has yet to prove his ability to sire any offspring

That you know off, briand6868,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
She is out of hospital.

Quote:
Lindsey Vonn was released from a hospital in Colorado on Wednesday, although details of her illness remain unclear and there is no indication of when she can begin skiing again.

"Lindsey is feeling much better today and has been released from the hospital," Vonn's publicist Lewis Kay wrote in an email. "She is resting comfortably at home. Doctors are still working to determine what specifically was the cause of her illness but thankfully she has responded well to their treatment."

Kay added that "we do not know when she will be able to return to the mountain and will update as her health improves."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/11/14/lindsey-vonn-released-from-colorado-hospital-details-illness-unclear/#ixzz2CF6CluGL
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Fattes13, has yet to prove his ability to sire any offspring

Fattes13

You can alway borrow some of mine Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
musher, No thanks, people ask how I ski so much my response; I dont have kids Smile

Glad to see Lyndsey out of the sick shop, hopefully she recovers quickly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well after admitting she has suffered from Depression and now taking a break from skiing, what is really going on with Lyndsey?

Has she finally realized she may have to deal with the emotional and personal issues from her divorce? Is it really something more seriously physically? I hope not.

Wishing her a speedy recovery from what ever it is and that she will be back soon
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fattes13, Maybe she just needs a good........recharge Toofy Grin

Hopefully that's all it is, she's not happy if she's not on top!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fattes13, To my mind she needs to divorce herself from her PR team as they are not really advising her very well. Their response to a DNF is to issue some kind of "statement", which is seen by many as either an excuse or an attempt to overshadow the result. They obviously have little or no idea how the fan base in ski racing really ticks. The reporting and forum comments I'm seeing on European racing sites is getting less and less sympathetic.

Step back, go home to your family and get your head around the problems. I hope she is back soon as when she is on her game she is a really exciting racer to watch. I've read she is coming back for the Semmering races with the aim to be back in form for the World Championships in Schladming. Seems a wee bit ambitious to be honest, I think she needs to cut herself more slack, she has had one hell of a year. The divorce was not as easy as some have felt it was, a bit of a fight about the finances as ever. According to one site, it is still not all settled either. Maybe writing off this season with all the fuss and bother it began with, then she can focus on preparing for Sochi in the right frame of mind.

Good to Mancuso and the little nipper, Schiffrin holding up the performances. Schiffrin had the fastest second run on Sunday!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

to divorce herself from her PR team

Same PR team as Svindal apparently!!! I think it is the media that demand so much of her and always want a story if its not the cat fight with Reisch its Maze etc.

I really do hope for the sport that she recovers properly and is back on the circuit soon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fattes13, If that is true then they are getting something seriously wrong with her! Are you certain? His PR is fine and suits both him and the audience. Perhaps the PR is being issued by her sponsors(Head and Red Bull being the main ones).

I hope she is back but only when she is ready. A lot of speculation on German forums as to whether she will be doing the talk show rounds while back in the USA. If she does, then she is not being allowed to rest and recuperate really is she?
ski holidays
I really doubt about them having same PR team. In this business (PR not skiing) things are much more complicated then someone might think, and considering Vonn's target market is USA, while Svindal's is not, I really doubt same people would be top experts on both markets. It might be it's same agency (no Red bull is not running their overall PR), but that doesn't mean same people. And with that, this can explain 110% different approach. But also being man or woman dictates different strategies. I guess most of people buying ski gear couldn't give a sh**t about Aksel in swimsuit, while most of them would kill for seeing Lindsey in that (no matter what someone might think now, but I really don't want to see that either Wink).
snow report
primoz wrote:
Even though Armstrong thing is very popular lately, I don't really think this is problem with anyone in alpine skiing. There's still so huge gap before alpine skiers hit limits where doping would be needed, so I don't think this is case here. Ok someone might be stupid enough to think, doping can be used instead of training, but I still think this is not an option.
As far as Lindsey is concerned, her arrogance can't be compared to what Armstrong was (no idea how he's now, since it's has been few years since I needed to deal with him). Lindsey might be arrogant to her teammates or other competitors (this also depends who do you ask about this), but toward media and fans, she's anything but arrogant. Armstrong on the other hand, was arrogant toward everyone, including (or especially) to people who made it possible for him to be what he was... to media.

I did some googling on drugs used in alpine skiing and came up blank. So in your experience does it happen at all or not? If it does what do they use and why?
snow report
skir67, I don't think there's (much) doping in alpine skiing. Even when talking with friends who are still deep into this (WC coaches and techs), they never mentioned anything about this (and with at least some, I'm good enough friend, that I would hear that if there would be some). Even based on this what I know about doping, there's really no need about it, concerning current training program those guys have. But I believe there's always someone, who might think, taking some pill will bring you from place 30 to 1st without doing anything else. Smile
latest report
primoz wrote:
skir67, I don't think there's (much) doping in alpine skiing. Even when talking with friends who are still deep into this (WC coaches and techs), they never mentioned anything about this (and with at least some, I'm good enough friend, that I would hear that if there would be some). Even based on this what I know about doping, there's really no need about it, concerning current training program those guys have. But I believe there's always someone, who might think, taking some pill will bring you from place 30 to 1st without doing anything else. Smile

I guess this is why I could find virtually no info on the subject because it's not really happening. If they were to use anything what do you think the most likely drugs would be and for what reasons?
snow conditions
skir67, I'm no doping expert, so I have no idea about other sports. I know a bit (it depends what a bit means to someone Wink) about doping usage with xc skiing (no I have never been using it, but this has to do with finance issues not some fake moral and ethics issues Wink), and related endurance sports to some extent, but alpine skiing is totally different when it comes to this, so I have no idea what. But one thing similar to all sports, are things for faster recovery. These products work with every sport, but that's just one part of doping program. Other parts differ so much from sport to sport, that someone, who is not expert in these things, really can't tell anything, that wouldn't be pure guessing. And as I wrote, I'm not some doping expert, so... Smile
ski holidays
skir67 wrote:
primoz wrote:

I guess this is why I could find virtually no info on the subject because it's not really happening. If they were to use anything what do you think the most likely drugs would be and for what reasons?

Water based or orally administered testoterone or derivatives of that test, I'd most likely say(oil based test takes longer to start working and stays in the system longer). They help ones body use proteins more efficiently (in simplistic terms) thus meaning one can train harder and longer then recover quicker ready to go again, strength also increases at a rate un achievable with out using performance enhancing drugs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy