Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Meribel, pubs and bars prices.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,
we are considering to go to 3V this winter, i've heard some rumors it's quite expensive to get entertainment there, could you please help me to clear up this question. Ofcourse i understand the prices are different year by year, but if somebody has any actual enough information(past couple of years), for such things as beer pint Very Happy , tea or cofee or awerage price for dinner(one or two cources). In sum all the info of the food and drinks prices and any suggestions about where to... is greatly appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm loving the confusion this section title causes.

Yes it's reasonably expensive and varies by location quite a bit. Haven't been in years so couldn't tell you specifically what it's like now. Back then we self-catered, bought booze from the supermarket and skied too much to actually go out in the evenings on all but the last day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I found the bars in town are all competing for the early evening trade and was about 5 Euro a pint, often with a free toffee vodka. The quality of the establishments varied as well, in a couple I felt I had gone to the Witherspoons in Romford town centre, but then found a small bar with live music and a good mix of people much better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meh wrote:
I'm loving the confusion this section title causes.

It is pretty funny Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all replies!
meh, yeah i start to feel it too after some time after posting Smile ...
Anyway its up to each person or a group, but even we tired from riding, we have powers to check the local pubs and met new people, maybe last thing gives you powers to ride the next day Very Happy

blahblahblah, Could you give me the name of that bar if you remember?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
netwarlock, I have some recommendations on my site, click my signature for apartment on bottom of this post
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out www.snowangel.co.uk for bars in Meribel... We don't feature anywhere we've not been to so we promise it'll be good and while we don't know the exact pint of a pint we do know what's good value and can tell you where the best happy hours, mountain restaurants and late night drink haunts are. Enjoy! Smile

http://www.snowangel.co.uk/component/k2/itemlist/filter?categories-main=115&category=174&ordering=1&ordering_default=order&orderby=&orderto=asc&ordering_extra=1&Itemid=
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why is this in off-piste section?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
blahblahblah wrote:
The quality of the establishments varied as well, in a couple I felt I had gone to the Witherspoons in Romford town centre, but then found a small bar with live music and a good mix of people much better.

Wetherspoons are much maligned! I go for the cheap but decent pints, lack of canned music and, if you like people watching, a bit of variety... [Can't comment on Romford, mind].

It depends if you are on your own or not. If you're in a group it doesn't matter so much: the price becomes more important and you make your own atmosphere. If like me me you mostly go skiing on your own then other matters come into play. I'd love to find a decent lesbian bar in the Alps, for example!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went on a lads weekend last march, it's quite rowdy late on very brits on the pi$$ and as we left the bars each night at closing time we were greeted by the local gendarmerie who were there to make sure you all went home quickly weather you wanted to or not, any hanging around and the dogs appeared Sad
Not something I have come across in any resort before. All a bit to Blackpool for me and we did manage to find the mythical €10 pint
I won't be going back in a hurry.

Philip
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Something in today's Telegraph - Meribel is the most expensive resort:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9705611/Italy-and-Germany-offer-best-value-for-skiers.html

As I recall, it's about EUR6-7 a pint, but not that much different from anywhere else. OK, it's more than your local, but you're on holiday!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always makes me chuckle when you go to Meribel and the local swill (Kronenbourg) is cheaper than the expensive imported stuff (Carling)

Give me the local swill any day!!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As in the UK, depends what you have a pint of and where you have it - Leffe in Fifty50 costs more than some Belgian wee wee in a plastic cup at the ice hockey. Exactly the same logic applies to dinner, although the majority of restaurants will serve a raclette or steak for around 20€ and a pizza menu averages around 12€. Sadly what Meribel is missing is variety, so expect to eat little other than steak, fondue/raclette and pizza.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="fluter"]
blahblahblah wrote:
Wetherspoons are much maligned! I go for the cheap but decent pints, lack of canned music and, if you like people watching, a bit of variety... [Can't comment on Romford, mind].

True they are much maligned but they can either be rather anodyne, or a magnet for scumbags. Get a good one and they are well worth a visit. I do not know their Romford establishment either.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy