Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone seen this new device for finding buried skis? Opinions please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Serriadh, There'd be a good market for resQsenseofhumour...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
any market for a resQwhitegold ?

no I thought not?

Just ratcheting posts.

going now.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Primary safety: learn not to fall and lose skis in powder

Secondary safety: learn how skis typically travel through snow and thusly where you should be looking

have you EVER skiied off-piste??????? I've seen people find their skis 20 - 30m away from their post-fall resting place, over a ridge but in line with where they ended up on the slope. To this day the dude bears the fragment of a suspicion that someone (prob me) put the ski there because there was NO WAY it could have got there on its own. Once on piste I saw a guy dig a slope up for most of an afternoon before he finally gave up (think he borrowed a metal detector and came back the next day). He dug for about 50m in all directions without hitting anything.

You can find video of almost every top skier falling at some point and if you had ever been to ChamJam you can see it roughly every third skier on the speed descent (temporary use of an attractive 'strap 'em in' stretcher covered in the entry fee for the event).

U R the new Whitegold and I claim my £5
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RattytheSnowRat, He he he he

(yes, I have skied off piste and it is quite amazing just how far a ski cabn travel on its owin light snow) e.g. School boy error #1 - looking for your ski(s) too close to where you fell.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy