Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone else going to Andorra for new year skiing? 30th Dec - 6th Jan?

I'm flying with monarch with 3 other guys. As some of you may know the transfers from Barcelona to Andorra can be long and expensive.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to share a private minibus for 8 at a total of 640euros. Making it 80euros each. Our flight arrives in barcelona at 7.00pm on 30th December and leaves 8.00pm 6th january.

I know the novatel bus is about 80euros but it take 3-4hours and usually have to wait 1-2hrs for one aswell.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a Novotel bus leaving at 8pm & it costs 54 euros for a return ticket to Andorra la Vella. It usually takes only 3 hours even though they say longer on the timetable. To Soldeu it is 74 euros return & takes another half an hour. Hola Andorra seem to be the cheapest booking agent. I'll be there the week before you, but I'll try and leave some snow for you!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Andorra and use the Novatel bus at least once a month, it takes just over 3 hours from BCN terminal 1 to get to Andorra La Vella, I would therefore strongly agree with gary, it is cheap and easy to use, I always book direct using their website: http://www.andorrabybus.com/en/1/travel-andorra-bus

Enjoy Andorra, which resort are you going to?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with above, Novatel is easy and quite quick - I book with http://www.andorraairporttransfers.com
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for Novatel. I've used it for years, and as a general rule they are always quicker than the times stated on their schedules. If your flight gets in on time, it is possible to sprint for the 8pm bus and will be in resort for 11pm. If not, you get the next one at 10pm and get in at 1am. Either way, you won't miss any skiing and the bars will still be open when you get there. Very Happy It's only worth hiring a vehicle if you want to drive around when you get there, and have good parking arranged. In recent years the roads from Barcelona have been straightened out, which in theory means you should be able to drive to Andorra in less than 2 and a half hours, but the 'improvements' have also resulted in lots of new concealed speed cameras combined with completely random changes to speed limits (ask me how I know! Embarassed) I don't know about the other resorts, but every public parking space in Soldeu is now on a parking meter, and there are plenty of traffic wardens around. It's also not as straight forward as you might think to pick your car up at Barcelona - only the more expensive companies keep cars on site, the rest of them you have to get a really infuriating bus ride round the airport and out into the sticks to pick your car up. IME you don't save time or money hiring a car. We drive if we have the kids with us, or get the bus if we're planning on having a drink on the flight! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pandora wrote:
every public parking space in Soldeu is now on a parking meter

There are still a few spaces in the centre not on a meter, up the hill behind Hotel Soldeu Maistre, and also just out the centre by La Pleta apartments.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it would be fun to try and park a minibus behind the Maistre and even more fun if it snows! It's exciting enough in a 4x4. I'll grant you the places behind La Pleta. I have a vested interest in people who aren't staying in La Pleta parking there though. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't wait to go to Andorra with my girlfriend! This is what we've waiting for. Thanks for the advices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Indeed it would be a challenge to get a minibus up there!! Laughing

I was thinking of my car!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy